Top speed 2

jmd0346

After the last "Top speed" thread and other needs and wants. I decided I needed a radar gun to measure speed. Its accurate within 1 mph. It has a range of 1300ft on cars and 200mph. As soon as I find a good spot Ill have speed readings on my Banshee(mods in sig), A basic mods Basnhee, a stock Honda 450R quad, and a piped CR500. Also a 1/10th scale HPI Nitro RS4 with a 2 speed, a 1/8th scale Thunder Tiger buggy and a Traxxas Rustler. Myabe even my sons Honda trx90. And anything else we can think of. LOL

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are they and where do you get one?

I got it on Amazon for 80 bux. It was on sale. Looks like a pretty good one. Its accurate within 1mph and can read a vehicle up to 1300ft and 200mph.

Not many people responding to my thread. I guess nobody is interested. Or maybe they know something I dont.

After the last "Top speed" thread and other needs and wants. I decided I needed a radar gun to measure speed. Its accurate within 1 mph. It has a range of 1300ft on cars and 200mph. As soon as I find a good spot Ill have speed readings on my Banshee(mods in sig), A basic mods Basnhee, a stock Honda 450R quad, and a piped CR500. Also a 1/10th scale HPI Nitro RS4 with a 2 speed, a 1/8th scale Thunder Tiger buggy and a Traxxas Rustler. Myabe even my sons Honda trx90. And anything else we can think of. LOL

All the tests I have done have been with a bushnell radar gun. Top speed doesn't matter though. Its all about gearing and tires.

All the tests I have done have been with a bushnell radar gun. Top speed doesn't matter though. Its all about gearing and tires.

Yeah this is a bushnell.

Ill be running stock gearing. I think is 15/41. Stock gearing on all the other bikes too.

Yeah this is a bushnell.

Ill be running stock gearing. I think is 15/41. Stock gearing on all the other bikes too.

Stock gearing is 14/41 on the Banshee. So you will have a higher top speed than stock geared bikes (if you are running 20" tires)

Would be neat to have your own radar gun, could do a whole bunch of stuff with it :thumbsup:

Stock gearing is 14/41 on the Banshee. So you will have a higher top speed than stock geared bikes (if you are running 20" tires)

Would be neat to have your own radar gun, could do a whole bunch of stuff with it :thumbsup:

Yep your right. I have stock gearing. 14/41. I just couldnt remember what stock was. Ive never changed my gearing since Ive owned this bike so I know its stock.

Yep your right. I have stock gearing. 14/41. I just couldnt remember what stock was. Ive never changed my gearing since Ive owned this bike so I know its stock.

Right on, hope I didn't sound snappy or anything :happy:

Have you had the chance to get someone to radar you?

Not many people responding to my thread. I guess nobody is interested. Or maybe they know something I dont.

Guess that just had to get warmed up. Give us an update on how fast they are. Thats the first thing that non banshee owners ask me about mine, is how fast will it go. I dont have any idea, im not a human speedometer, no what I mean.

Wonder if the speedo., tac., etc. that you can get for them are accurate?