Silencers that meet Db requirements

tnr

I have the old Toomey T-4's on my shee right now, but am looking to change to a Shearer or CPI. The only issue I am having is the fact that these pipes are too loud for the areas that I will be riding. My friend has CPI's on his cub and got stopped last weekend and was warned for being too loud and had to stop riding or face a fine. I heard of a couple other people getting stopped as well with Shearer's. The only option out of this is the Cascade silencers, at least that I know of. My silencers on the T-4s are quit a bit bigger than the T-5s, I would guess at approx. and inch or better in diameter. I was talking to a fellow banshee rider and he told me that the silencers I have will meet the Db requirements. He said that he got stopped when running CPI's with the T-4 silencers and ran 94 Db, which is legal. He also had to drill a few new holes to adapt properly, but is probably worth the $300 Cascade wants for their silencers. Anyone out there ever hear of this, or have any input?? I probably missed the most important fact, I will be riding at Sand Lake, Winchester, and Florence to name a few. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks again...

No aftermarket silencers meet the sound requirements you need for the dunes except Toomey's hush kit. A local sand club was given money to purchase a meter since they have events at the Oregon dunes and they told me some come very close to passing but only the Toomey hush kit will pass. I think it was Salems Sand Club. My Paul turners were 97 and my wifes T-5 were 105 when I got caught at a sound check. I feel sorry for the bikes my neighbors yz450f was 99 suposably with the factory silencer for a poker run that had Oregons max Db of 99.

I am thinking that the best way to figure this out is to get a sound checking device. That is better than turning myself in at a sound check. They will more than likely get me for something else. I have a big red X on my forehead that says I just may be guilty for something..

Get a set of csfx cascade silencers. They will do the trick. I custom made a set of stinger tubes for a bike with cut T3's. They quieted it down alot.

http://www.cascadeinnovations.net/

They come in polished or brushed aluminum.

post-20806-1203734527_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snopczynski

I will definetly find a club in the area and have them tested. Appreciate the help guys. About the cascade silencers, have you seen the new ones with the star shaped cap, they are pretty sick. I live about 30 min. from their shop, so you could say I frequent their showroom with a rag for my drool. They have really nice stuff, but it will put a dent in your wallet. I am just seeing if there is a more cost effective way to do this. My wife already bitches about money spent on the bike, and I havent even started. If the T-4 silencers work, that is $300 towards other goodies!!

Get a set of csfx cascade silencers. They will do the trick. I custom made a set of stinger tubes for a bike with cut T3's. They quieted it down alot.

http://www.cascadeinnovations.net/

They come in polished or brushed aluminum.

I have those on my red bike. They are very nice. :geek:

I am not a fan of the star end cap version simply on an appearance basis.

I love Cascade, but every time I go out there they seem to take $1000 from me. I can only make it out there about twice a month these days. :biggrin:

I love Cascade, but every time I go out there they seem to take $1000 from me. I can only make it out there about twice a month these days. :biggrin:

Preach on brother. That place is very friendly with my Visa card. LOL

Hey, how much is the fine if you get caught?? I am going there in june, but that will be the first time in 10 years. I dont really want to drop 330 bones on silencers if i dont have to. I would think those silencers should help alot if for nothing else that they direct the sound down and not out. I think i am going to chance it and pay the fine if it is less than those silencers. If i start going there more often i will pick some up, i dont want the hassle or give the cops any reason to start looking.

Preach on brother. That place is very friendly with my Visa card. LOL

Hey, how much is the fine if you get caught?? I am going there in june, but that will be the first time in 10 years. I dont really want to drop 330 bones on silencers if i dont have to. I would think those silencers should help alot if for nothing else that they direct the sound down and not out. I think i am going to chance it and pay the fine if it is less than those silencers. If i start going there more often i will pick some up, i dont want the hassle or give the cops any reason to start looking.

it depends on who you get caught by: USFS or police.......... I think it runs $165 for a ticket if you didn't do anything else at the same time, like being drunk. :thumbsup:

I am finding out that I am in banshee heaven here in Oregon. There are a ton of different shops with in a half hour. And to think I am going on 32 and never owned a banshee til about 2 months ago. Better late than never!!