2 into 1 intake with 34mm PJ

slow2_2

I had just purchased a 2 into 1 intake and will be running a Keihin PJ 34mm carb. My shee has a stock bore with prolite piston, boysen reeds, +4 timing, 1/2 reed spacers, and FMF Fatties. I am about 300 feet above sea level. I plan on running a pod filter with this setup. I mostly do trail riding and would like an idea of what main and pilot jets to start out with. Also, what needle to start with. Also, if anyone knows what throttle cable for a thumb I need to get, please let me know.

I had just purchased a 2 into 1 intake and will be running a Keihin PJ 34mm carb. My shee has a stock bore with prolite piston, boysen reeds, +4 timing, 1/2 reed spacers, and FMF Fatties. I am about 300 feet above sea level. I plan on running a pod filter with this setup. I mostly do trail riding and would like an idea of what main and pilot jets to start out with. Also, what needle to start with. Also, if anyone knows what throttle cable for a thumb I need to get, please let me know.

Dude what made you decide on a single carb setup, the 34 mm might be a little small!!! :down:

Actually 34mm is about the perfect size, the pj carb can be a pain to jet though. Take out your reed spacers, they cost you mid hp and torque. Try 195 main jet, eej needle in center position, 45 pilot jet, 1.5 turns out on air screw. That will probably get you close. You may need to adjust the needle and main based on your riding climate temps. Also may need to go down a few pilot jet sizes. This should put you in a safe starting range though.

• 11 years later...

Not to bring a dead thread back to life. But I have recently purchased a banshee with a 2 into one setup. 148 pounds compression both cylinders. Trinity II cylinders, air pod. 34mm keihin pj. 170 main 45 pilot and cej needle. NONE OF IT carb wise can be right. Can get it to idle good but very boggy on bottom and never gets up on the pipe even held at WOT. 850 feet elevation 70-85 degree riding weather with 65 to 85% humidity. Where do I start with jetting!? 

Edited by Dweave17
Spelling