CRYSIS

They are making it for PS3 currently.. Feel bad for you people that paid 4 grand for a top of the line comp!

Posted this a few months ago a few threads down and aparently no on HQ plays the game because they only play Xbox and PS3 :( Such a shame as consoles are pretty behind right now.

PS3 won't fully implement all the graphics, it will be dulled down so it will run, and when it releases i have a feeling everyone will think big deal who has not played it on a high end PC...Just as high end Xbox 360 games previously out don't look as good as they do on PC cough, *bioshock* is not even close. Theres no way in hell it will run as well as on a PC with a video card that is 4-5x as fast despite having designanted os and optimizations etc let alone compared to a PC with 4 videos cards that are 4 times as fast each! Does PS3 implement DX 10 effects?...

The game runs fine on mine with a $300 8800GTS overclocked to 800MHZ core speed 2000+ mhz memory. and an old dual core opteron, so 4k is not needed... I can't run in very high mode @1920x1080 as nothing out can really run it in very high yet with the exception of a quad core overclock with quad 8800GTX's (which software to run this is not optimized yet). However just set to high the graphics are far above and beyond any other games out. Even on medium the graphics are better than 90% of other games....

Yea right if you think a PS3 can handle the kind of load a quad core quad SLI GTX PC can (aka 4g-5g PC), you obviously have no idea what your talking about. The next gen of graphics cards should hit any day now, and maybe we will start to see some hardware that can handle it.

Awesome game, I don't know anyone who does not like it until i read this post...Probably because their graphics card does not support all the effects. Theres a 400% difference when I changed from 7800GS to a 8800GTS, the 7800 didn't really implement the water effects, motion blur etc properly. Actualy it didn't really run it at all! But it does look awesome set to high running 1920x1080 on my 37" monitor :)

Graphics + physics make this game A+, but it's not exaclty multi-player...

Edited by Justintoxicated

Posted this a few months ago a few threads down and aparently no on HQ plays the game because they only play Xbox and PS3 :( Such a shame as consoles are pretty behind right now.

PS3 won't fully implement all the graphics, it will be dulled down so it will run, and when it releases i have a feeling everyone will think big deal who has not played it on a high end PC...Just as high end Xbox 360 games previously out don't look as good as they do on PC cough, *bioshock* is not even close. Theres no way in hell it will run as well as on a PC with a video card that is 4-5x as fast despite having designanted os and optimizations etc let alone compared to a PC with 4 videos cards that are 4 times as fast each! Does PS3 implement DX 10 effects?...

The game runs fine on mine with a $300 8800GTS overclocked to 800MHZ core speed 2000+ mhz memory. and an old dual core opteron, so 4k is not needed... I can't run in very high mode @1920x1080 as nothing out can really run it in very high yet with the exception of a quad core overclock with quad 8800GTX's (which software to run this is not optimized yet). However just set to high the graphics are far above and beyond any other games out. Even on medium the graphics are better than 90% of other games....

Yea right if you think a PS3 can handle the kind of load a quad core quad SLI GTX PC can (aka 4g-5g PC), you obviously have no idea what your talking about. The next gen of graphics cards should hit any day now, and maybe we will start to see some hardware that can handle it.

Awesome game, I don't know anyone who does not like it until i read this post...Probably because their graphics card does not support all the effects. Theres a 400% difference when I changed from 7800GS to a 8800GTS, the 7800 didn't really implement the water effects, motion blur etc properly. Actualy it didn't really run it at all! But it does look awesome set to high running 1920x1080 on my 37" monitor :)

Graphics + physics make this game A+, but it's not exaclty multi-player...

word...

They are going to "detune" the game so that the PS3 and XBOX can run it, It won't look even close to what it should, like on a pc with a GOOD graphics card and I mean REAL GOOd card. The PS3 and Xbox 360 are way to underpowered, yes WAY to underpowered for the game. I read more then 2 times on the internet that there will not be a game in the next 3 years that will be beating Crysis's graphics. It took litterally a few years to wrote the game... Like said, if you don't like it, its because your PC can't run it, because it is absolutely awesome graphics...

Edited by 2strokespirit

I read more then 2 times on the internet that there will not be a game in the next 3 years that will be beating Crysis's graphics.

if anyone has seen the trailer for far cry 2, i'm pretty sure its graphics will compete closely with crysis. but hands down crysis looks AMAZING if you have the hardware to support it. by far the best looking game on the market and is just a bad a** game all the way around.

if anyone has seen the trailer for far cry 2, i'm pretty sure its graphics will compete closely with crysis. but hands down crysis looks AMAZING if you have the hardware to support it. by far the best looking game on the market and is just a bad a** game all the way around.

FAR CRY 2 is CRYSIS. Its the same thing..

FAR CRY 2 is CRYSIS. Its the same thing..

There not the same. Far cry 2 coming later this year. I built a new computer to play the new generation of games.

Crysis is simply amazing when played on a high end machine. Would be even better if they would support dual video cards like cod4 does. Another excellent game :beer:

There not the same. Far cry 2 coming later this year. I built a new computer to play the new generation of games.

Crysis is simply amazing when played on a high end machine. Would be even better if they would support dual video cards like cod4 does. Another excellent game :beer:

What are you telling me? I was under the impression from a website its far cry 2, anyways thats kinda good news in a way.

• 4 months later...