reed spacers

viper1

for the most part all they are good for is to help the carb clear the clutch arm... two performance comments usually made about them are that they increase the track distance from the reed to the intake ports and this increases velocity, the second performance suggestion is that it increases the volume of air fuel mixture thus allowing more into the cylinder for the compression stroke...

Edited by Duneman101

you dont run the cascade square reed stuffers with a 2 into 1 intake. You actually have to match port the 2 into 1 intake to the reed cage at the top and bottom. Then take the plastic stuffers out of the vforce cages and match port them side to side. When you look in the intake, you can see this has to be done. Nothing matches up at all.

Edited by Snopczynski

Reed spacers work extremely well. I had them in my old 350 engine and in my 421 cub. They gave me a 50 horsepower gain!!! I am telling you these things really work!!!!! My buddies all told me it was the nitrous nozzles I had mounted in them..........but I am positive it was the spacers that gave me the huge gains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!