SAD! got smoked by a yfz.

F.BEJARANO

If your talkin about me no maybe I havnt been to the dunes in Cali, an where the race was held was a 1 mile strip of paved road, I wasnt racing I was just saying what I saw happen, the raptor 700 was an 06 with GYTR slip-on, doebeck chip, k&n filer an that was it, the 450R was an 06 an everyone knows the 06's are faster an more powerful than the older ones, it was an electric start with a Curtis sparks full exhaust an k&n filter an jetted an im pretty shure it had a rev-box, it out ran the raptor by 2 links.

Once again im saying im not trying to argue an if you look above what I said Im not hating on 450s becasue I used to have one an I am not hating on Raptor 700s either because there are some that are really fast out there im just stating what I saw happen. And im shure the YFZ I used to have would kill a raptor with a pipe. chip an filter, once again not hating I am just saying.

Watch the vid I posted above it was held at the dunes an the shee outran the piped raptor, an it outran the YFZ 450's too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, Id say that alot of it had to do with the rider...heres what ive raced, an 06' 450r with whitebros pipe, filter, 07' yfz 450 with yoshimura pipe, dyno jet kit...I raced the 450r once, and won by about a length and a half, on hard packed dirt, then I raced the yfz450 on hard packed dirt twice, and once in rough dirt with some grass, and I pulled on him immediatly almost everytime about a length..and by the end of the race I was about 3 lengths in front...( I couldnt believe it lol..after riding the yfz I was begining to wonder if was going to beat it or not ) I started in 1st gear every time except for on the grass I tried 2nd..and sure enough pulled a wheelie, and when it come back down I still pulled about 3 lengths by the time I revved out. My shee has a cool head, 22cc domes, 66mm prolites, no porting, or timing changes stock reeds and cages, the TORS has been cut, pro flow adapter with foam filter, 13/41 gearing, cpi inframes, and I have 19-10-9 mxr4 rear tires..and when topped out the yfz is MAYBE 1-2 mph faster than me. I will say that im amazed at how fast the 450s are..compared to like a 660r ...but when it comes to mods etc..IMO, I dont really think they are ever going to be able to hang lol

If your talkin about me no maybe I havnt been to the dunes in Cali, an where the race was held was a 1 mile strip of paved road, I wasnt racing I was just saying what I saw happen, the raptor 700 was an 06 with GYTR slip-on, doebeck chip, k&n filer an that was it, the 450R was an 06 an everyone knows the 06's are faster an more powerful than the older ones, it was an electric start with a Curtis sparks full exhaust an k&n filter an jetted an im pretty shure it had a rev-box, it out ran the raptor by 2 links.

Once again im saying im not trying to argue an if you look above what I said Im not hating on 450s becasue I used to have one an I am not hating on Raptor 700s either because there are some that are really fast out there im just stating what I saw happen. And im shure the YFZ I used to have would kill a raptor with a pipe. chip an filter, once again not hating I am just saying.

Watch the vid I posted above it was held at the dunes an the shee outran the piped raptor, an it outran the YFZ 450's too.

Well I am sure the reason the raptor lost was because it is running a doebeck that is not a fuel controler or chip all it is is a box with pots they call it that turns the fuel up according to the way the user turns them there is no tuning involed just a guess to what you think the air/fuel ratio should be. Its a poor mans jet kit for fuel injection. The only way to go is to get a PCIII power commander that you download a new fuel map to according to what pipe and mods your running and gives you a perfect jet all the way through the rpms. Again I am not trying to argue just stating facts and that any 450 dont matter what year if all it has done is a pipe filter and jetted is not going to beat a 700 that has a pipe filter and PCIII. Just plain science a 3 mod raptor puts down on average 53hp and 49 ft pounds of torque a 450 might be able to get 50 hp but wont even come close with the torque maybe 35lbs at best. The reason alot of people get beat on there raptors is that raptor riders tend to be bigger people and 450 riders smaller. When you put person that weights 140 on a yfz and a guy that weights 220Lbs on a raptor and then add the 46lbs the raptor already wieghs over the yfz people have a 126lb wieght advantage. Not saying that is the case all the time but in contributes to alot of the 450vs 700 smack talk. You put same size jockeys and same exp lvl and you will see the same results every time 700 wins. I am not trying to hate on 450s I accually love to ride them. But for the riding I do dunes, woods, open desert the raptor was a better choice for me. If I was a MXer then I wound buy one because that what is was designed for. Nope wait that is what I have a 250r for so I really dont see a point in haveing a 450 lol J/K Its all good still rather ride my banshee

Damn this is like a little girl fight. From what i know 700s are damn quick and 450s are right their with a banshee with normal bolt ons. 4 pokes are usually always gonna get you off the line thats just how it goes after that its who's the better rider and/or faster bike. thats just the way i see it maybe im stupid :blink:

id love to get my hands on a ktm 525, anyone ridden one yet?

I've raced 3 of them on my yfz with pipe, intake and jets and ate them all up. ive seen 3 other bikes smoke em out here. Theres alot of talk around here about them so i figured they would be alot faster but then again they were all stock. but they do okay

Please do a search...this has been covered 1,000,000 times.

All you're gonna do is start a who is MY favorite builder thread, which might not be the best choice for you.

Call builders, see who answers the phone, see who calls you back, see how backed up they are, their pricing, etc.

Go from there.

Regardless, here's the answers you're gonna get...

Jeff @ FAST

Jim @ Passion

Tim @ Titan Racing

Nate @ McCoy Performance

Kevin @ Herr Juggs

Dan @ A&S

Rob @ RDZ

Kim @ K&T

Dan @ Patriot

Cameron @ Redline

Rudy @ PortMagic

Bob @ RB Porting

Those are by NO means a complete list, but they are ALL great builders....

Please do a search...this has been covered 1,000,000 times.

All you're gonna do is start a who is MY favorite builder thread, which might not be the best choice for you.

Call builders, see who answers the phone, see who calls you back, see how backed up they are, their pricing, etc.

Go from there.

Regardless, here's the answers you're gonna get...

Jeff @ FAST

Jim @ Passion

Tim @ Titan Racing

Nate @ McCoy Performance

Kevin @ Herr Juggs

Dan @ A&S

Rob @ RDZ

Kim @ K&T

Dan @ Patriot

Cameron @ Redline

Rudy @ PortMagic

Bob @ RB Porting

Those are by NO means a complete list, but they are ALL great builders....

Ha Ha....sorry i asked. ill call around when i get enough money and go from there. Thanks

Well I am sure the reason the raptor lost was because it is running a doebeck that is not a fuel controler or chip all it is is a box with pots they call it that turns the fuel up according to the way the user turns them there is no tuning involed just a guess to what you think the air/fuel ratio should be. Its a poor mans jet kit for fuel injection. The only way to go is to get a PCIII power commander that you download a new fuel map to according to what pipe and mods your running and gives you a perfect jet all the way through the rpms. Again I am not trying to argue just stating facts and that any 450 dont matter what year if all it has done is a pipe filter and jetted is not going to beat a 700 that has a pipe filter and PCIII. Just plain science a 3 mod raptor puts down on average 53hp and 49 ft pounds of torque a 450 might be able to get 50 hp but wont even come close with the torque maybe 35lbs at best. The reason alot of people get beat on there raptors is that raptor riders tend to be bigger people and 450 riders smaller. When you put person that weights 140 on a yfz and a guy that weights 220Lbs on a raptor and then add the 46lbs the raptor already wieghs over the yfz people have a 126lb wieght advantage. Not saying that is the case all the time but in contributes to alot of the 450vs 700 smack talk. You put same size jockeys and same exp lvl and you will see the same results every time 700 wins. I am not trying to hate on 450s I accually love to ride them. But for the riding I do dunes, woods, open desert the raptor was a better choice for me. If I was a MXer then I wound buy one because that what is was designed for. Nope wait that is what I have a 250r for so I really dont see a point in haveing a 450 lol J/K Its all good still rather ride my banshee

Well im not gonna lie the race was close 450R only one by 2 lengths, your prolly right it would have been a better race if the raptor had the right set up an the raptor prolly would have won if it was running right with the right chip, it backfired alot upon deceleration, the only thing my YFZ needed was a port&polish, 13:1 high comp piston, an a stroker crank to make it 450cc's mine was an 04 an it made 50 HP on the dyno an like 46 foot pounds of torque, im just saying that raptor didnt impress me an im shure my 450 would have out ran it too, BTW just wondering how much it cost to set up a raptor

with pipe an filter an PCIII?

Edited by BansheeRider71