Anyone Powdercoat Stock A Arms?

Isaac_62

You guys know anyone that will powdercoat stock a arms without wrecking them?

Thanks

I'm looking into it right now to see if I can figure out a way... I know that with some powders you can go at a lower temp for a longer duration so I'm trying to find out what that temp is so I'll know if the teflon etc. inside the A-arms can take it...

Does anyone know if 1989 J-Arms have teflon or something else??

talk with Kaotik1, he has done it. you have to use lights rather then the oven. and it takes a long ass time to cure it

Damn well I sold my infrared lamp because it isn't worth a crap for curing. Anyone happen to know where I can find out exactly what IS inside and what their heat tolerances might be?

If I can find out what they used in them back in 89' I should at least be able to get an idea of what the tolerance is...

Most powders cure at 350-380* for 15-20 minutes(depending on part size). The low temp powders can sure at 250* for 30-45 minutes, at this temperature you should be able to do stock a-arms.. Nothing I do would make me buy powder that cures that low the reason I CAN NOT do stock a-arms.

This is a good case for heat lamps true but the bake run of an oven is more cost effective.

Tiger makes a good low bake powder.

-Tj

Most powders cure at 350-380* for 15-20 minutes(depending on part size). The low temp powders can sure at 250* for 30-45 minutes, at this temperature you should be able to do stock a-arms.. Nothing I do would make me buy powder that cures that low the reason I CAN NOT do stock a-arms.

This is a good case for heat lamps true but the bake run of an oven is more cost effective.

Tiger makes a good low bake powder.

-Tj

Yeah Tiger has some decent one. It really depends on whether or not you want to either chance the damage or find someone with a lamp...

I have been getting mixed answers from the PC guys I talk to... some of them have succeeded at keeping it under 400 (which is what powders typically cure at) and some have destroyed the teflon so it's all about the risk you want to take or using a lamp.

I sold my lamp cause they are very ineficient... if I had known about the teflon issue I may have kept it at least to knock out my A-arms... oh well