Painted my frame today

PSYKO

Well I got a ridiculous powder coat quote from a local and said fuck it, I will paint till I start powdercoating myself. I used Dupli-Color Acrylic Enamel, 2 cans primer, 3 cans gloss black, 5 cans clearcoat. I stripped it with that aircraft stuff. I know the paint wont last but by the time it starts looking like ass then I should be able to powdercoat it myself.

Before

DSCN0989.jpg

DSCN0988.jpg

After

DSCN0990.jpg

DSCN0991.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0993.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

Great job man..It may not last that long, but for the time being it looks real good, nice and shinny...

what did you put in the holes to keep the paint out?

I used the old bolts since I ordered a new ss bolt kit, which came in today...im excited.

What are you goin to do with the rest of you parts...Are you going to spray that stuff also..

when you sprayed, did it make a mess of you garage...

Im asking bc I have a few things I want to spray.

Im gonna spray some parts and polish others. Mostly everything is getting replaced. Yah there is overspray everywhere! Thank god for my air compressor. Im gonna open the door and blow all of that shit out.

you will be suprized how long i will last.i did my a arms 2 yrs ago the same way you did and they still look great.alot of clear seems to help out on the chipping.looks good

p.s like the cascade calender on the wall. i also got one on my toolbox at work

Edited by 00tbanshee

you will be suprized how long i will last.i did my a arms 2 yrs ago the same way you did and they still look great.alot of clear seems to help out on the chipping.

That was my thinking, the more clearcoat the better off i would be.....I didnt just do it for the looks :wink: