e-bay 135 mph banshee , yeah right

It's funny what some people will write trying to sell something . I found a banshee on e-bay stock cylinders with a port job and cpi's . The seller said (quote) This is not a kid's toy been clocked by the law at 135 mph LMAO . Maybe he wants to race my lt 80 been clocked at 200 mph going down a mountain with no brakes in a tornado. :yelrotflmao:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I just don't have it in my to harass the guy.

135 KM/h, sure...believe that. Someone ask him to verify the speed by GPS or a drag slip time....I'll be on the road to PA tomorrow to pick it up if he can legitimately prove it.

I've wasted a ton of time and money on my build if that stocker, bolt on motor bike can do 135.....

He's probably running like 19/28 gearing.....:)

my banshee with my mods does 91 down my street and i ran out of road, it could probably do a few more. if i had half a mile long road i bet i could get 95 out of it.

and that 91 mph is gps verified. i had my gps in my backpack. and i had my buddy in his car next to me and his speedo also said 91 so its car verified as well.

theres no way that banshee does 135. wind resistance goes up exponentially with speed, its not linear. the faster you go the wind resistance builds up quicker than the speed. thats why most all quads top out below 100 and very few make it to the 100 mark or past. you basically start to hit a wind resistance wall and it takes HUGE ammounts of power to get significantly past the wall.

drag bikes are an exception. they have power to spare. there are always exceptions.

another way to look at it is that drag goes up at the rate of 4 times the speed. so if an atv can do 50mph flat out at top speed, and the motor is pushing 20hp (lets say a little blaster for example). if you wanted to make that same atv go 100mph, you would need to quadruple the horsepower. so that little blaster would need 80hp to do 100. and of course it would need one hell of a sprocket changeout.

now keep in mind i dont know how much power a blaster really had, or its real top speed. im just using the numbers as an example.

my banshee with my mods does 91 down my street and i ran out of road, it could probably do a few more. if i had half a mile long road i bet i could get 95 out of it.

and that 91 mph is gps verified. i had my gps in my backpack. and i had my buddy in his car next to me and his speedo also said 91 so its car verified as well.

theres no way that banshee does 135. wind resistance goes up exponentially with speed, its not linear. the faster you go the wind resistance builds up quicker than the speed. thats why most all quads top out below 100 and very few make it to the 100 mark or past. you basically start to hit a wind resistance wall and it takes HUGE ammounts of power to get significantly past the wall.

drag bikes are an exception. they have power to spare. there are always exceptions.

another way to look at it is that drag goes up at the rate of 4 times the speed. so if an atv can do 50mph flat out at top speed, and the motor is pushing 20hp (lets say a little blaster for example). if you wanted to make that same atv go 100mph, you would need to quadruple the horsepower. so that little blaster would need 80hp to do 100. and of course it would need one hell of a sprocket changeout.

now keep in mind i dont know how much power a blaster really had, or its real top speed. im just using the numbers as an example.

What are all your mods and did you hit 91 with full front fenders? Your weight? Your gearing and rear tire size?