Pipe re-install

jamebo

Hey guys, I have a question involving re-installing my pipes. I have F.M.F. pipes on my Shee, and the pipes have turned brown and purpilish blue from the flange out around 6 inches. After researching the threads I have decided to remove them and try to clean them up with very fine steel wool and chrome polish, Followed by high temp paint on the inside. Is there some kind of gaskets on the exhaust ports, and if there is should I buy new ones or could I use the same ones? I just don't want any leaks.

FMF does have a kit with (2) o-rings and (4) springs.

Rockymountainatv has it. Gotta warn ya tho, the

springs arent worth a darn. I would call one of the

builders on this site and order just the O-rings.

:beer:

Yep been there those springs are weak and they will break. I have some of those raven swivel springs from rockymountain on my pipes now. They are real heavy duity and one end swivles for easier installation.

josh

FMF does have a kit with (2) o-rings and (4) springs.

Rockymountainatv has it. Gotta warn ya tho, the

springs arent worth a darn. I would call one of the

builders on this site and order just the O-rings.

:beer:

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I will order just the o-rings. My springs appear to be in good shape, so I'll just re-use them. I had the dealer install the pipes after I got them, and I think they used the stockers. It's so expensive to have the work done that I want to start learning to do the basic mods myself. That's money that could be spent on parts! This forum has tons of useful info and is very helpful, thanks again.