Tranny problem on the shee

PJDM4LIF3

does the shift lever move up and down ? The ratchet claw on the shift shaft that grabs the shift star could be bent and not grabing the shift star. i would first pull the clutch cover off and look behind the clutch basket down at the shift shaft and move it around like your shiftinggears see if it grabs the shift star correctly.

does the shift lever move up and down ? The ratchet claw on the shift shaft that grabs the shift star could be bent and not grabing the shift star. i would first pull the clutch cover off and look behind the clutch basket down at the shift shaft and move it around like your shiftinggears see if it grabs the shift star correctly.

No its not grabbing it correctly. A freind told me that it may be that rod that goes threw the engine wich the shifter is connected to. Do you know where i can find/buy that part?

I wouldnt go crazy buying parts until you actually pull the clutch cover, clutch, and visually inspect the shift components... Just because a buddy tells you it might be something, doesn't mean that's what it is...

I agree with the above post, its probably the shift claw not engaging correctly on the shift star. I've seen the springs on the claw get worn and not return the mechanism to its correct place. Check the shift claw mechanism and if you dont find your solution there, split the cases and check your shift forks. Once you've inspected and checked everything, then order the parts you need to fix it, if any.

It had a leak and i forget to add oil. I forced into 5th because there was no tow rope and i was far from my truck! :verymad:

OK, why didn't you fix the leak when you noticed it? ...and how would forcing it into 5th help you any? If you could have ridden to your truck in 5th then why not ride it there in 3rd, the gear you were stuck in initially?