50:1

sheerider1026

i run mine at 32:1 with castor 927 been runing strong for a little over a year now with no problems

Yup, same here and I ride hard. My builder recomended it to me I was gonna go with Klotz but he told me he seen alot of topend rebuilds with people running Klotz. I talked with a other pro riders and they say the same thing 927 at 32:1. Oh it smells almost sweet espically with VP110 Or Klotz Race Fuel now Klotz fuel is another story good shit. Im not downing anyone or trying to start a my oil is better than yours its just my expirences.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to switch oil. I run klotz 32:1 pistons were only 6 months old and rings were mashed into the sides of pistons.

Sorry dude...

The oil wasn't the cause of the problem. Cheap parts, improper clearances or not warming it up properly was the cause of that...

I ran Super M at 40:1 in my gas bike, and run benoil in my alky bike...but I'm going to switch to Super Techniplate for my alky due to it staying suspended in alky better than benoil...

I personally think Amsoil is garbage....

hey guys like i said, i have ran amsoil for 7 years, i had a fresh topend that i ran amsoil in for 6 years and i ran it very hard. i havent hard of many topends lasting that long, i have tried other oils and hate them, also why would u want an oil that doesn't stay suspended in the gas anyway?? not trying to say amsoil is the best, but i have tried and seen friends use other oils and they can't hold a flame to the amsoil.. when i tore the motor down(after 6 years of abuse) it still had good compression, i sold it for a fair price only because i bought a cub, i have a buddy that ran his shee witout coolant( dumbass left the radiator hose loose) and it locked up, after it cooled down it started back and ran as fine as ever, now thats good oil, any other oil and i would say it would have trashed the topend, his compression is the same it always was..

now thats good oil, any other oil and i would say it would have trashed the topend, his compression is the same it always was..

Have you tried this with any other oil to substantiate that claim??

Plenty of people have cold/hot seized their motors, freed it up...and kept on running them, I'm sure they're not all running amsoil.

There are a lot of factors other than oil that will keep a top end in good shape, you obvioiusly know that.

Keeping the carbs/jetting in a good state of tune, and most importantly keeping a clean and properly oiled air filter is the key....

My 96 still had the original top end on it until i tore it down in the spring of 2006 when i went to a 4 mil cub, it never had a drop of amsoil in it, only Super M and premium gas, compression was a respectable 105 or 110 PSI after 10 years of use, summer, winter, etc...

the oil fight is like asking someone which color banshee they like best.. pointless

one guy swears by one, another by the other... but obviously the oil isnt the only bearing on how long your top end is gona last. i could run amsoil with a beat dirty filter and suck in crap all day, every ride... and then what

Yeh, I agree its pretty much pointless, I think that almost any of these oils like amsoil or klotz are good oils, I have used Klotz Benol 32:1 and Royal Purple 32:1...I ride fairly hard, and Ive never had any problems, But like someone else said, I think it comes down to how well your bike is maintained.....one thing you could do as 'preventive maintenence' is to just keep your air filter clean..thats a BIG thing. But Ive never ran any Amsoil or anything else..so Idk but im sure they are just as good as Klotz or any other two stroke oil.

ouch guys!! didn't wanna start a debate.. i am sure a lot of other oils great.. and you guys are right, maintenance is the key along with jetting.. be easy on me here.. i didn't know how a lot of other oils mixed as far as ratio.. does the 32:1 give any plug foiling issues??

Sorry...I just jump the gun when someone says something like oil is the cause of issues, or one certain type is the be all, sell all of the oil world, etc...

No biggie...

Motul 800 @ 28:1.....more oil makes for a happy motor :biggrin: ....just jet it a little rich to compensate for it.

I think that all of the syn oils are good chit....and benoil is awsome as well.

oil choice is mostly preferance,if the ratio and jetting is correct it is not going to make a break a topend . but some oils are better than others and some are just plain crap ,there was an interesting thread about this topic on plantsand a while back they found castor /synthetic castor blened oils like benol, castor927,redline technaplte made more power on a dyno but should be mixed with a ratio of 32-1 or less they even found less than 16-1 made more power .reduce the friction and you will gain ... castor has a higher BTU rating than gasoline it will actually burn off and make more power but its kinda dirty burning compared to other blends thats why it is often found mixed with synthetics to have the bst of bot hworlds ,castor has safely been used for many years on full blown GP race bikes to provide awesome film strength and reduce friction with a low flash point ,synthetics have a hig h flash point thats why you can run them at these really wild ratios of 80-1 but it does no good to run them like 32-1 your just loading up your cases and topend because it cant be burned off as effeciently .i have torn apart many many engines and I have often found gummy unburned oil in the cases and transfer jackets exhaust carboned up tract from those synthetic oils ,i would run tecnhaplate redline benol or castor 927 at 32-1. you will not see a motor destroyed by running a little too much oil ,but the opposite is asking for trouble in my opinion .when someone gives yo ua free gallon of premix oil at a race or a huge discount then yo uwil more oftne than not say good things about it ,thats how some of these oils got marketed.aside from the technical aspect of burn rates it is pretty simple to see the difference ,take 2 pieces of metal and rub them together 10,000 times per minute for a good while ..the set with more oil between them will surely have less wear than say a set that has only a drop or two of lubricant ...doesnt matter what the clever wording o nthe back of the bottle reads or if johnny salesman says you can be a dealer and get a big discount .

• 2 weeks later...
i run mine at 32:1 with castor 927 been runing strong for a little over a year now with no problems