Best Tires for Sand

Swaie

I don't get to ride that much in the sand, but I go to St. Joes in Missouri often. I've been running my pro wedges there, but I think I need to go to a regular paddle set-up. But I don't want to loose my performance with the paddles. What tire do you suggest. The sand there isn't too deep but the 450r's that I ride with use sandstars but what is the best for banshee's.

I don't get to ride that much in the sand, but I go to St. Joes in Missouri often. I've been running my pro wedges there, but I think I need to go to a regular paddle set-up. But I don't want to loose my performance with the paddles. What tire do you suggest. The sand there isn't too deep but the 450r's that I ride with use sandstars but what is the best for banshee's.

To answer your question properly we need to know what kind of rifing you do..We can care less abou tthe 450's you ride with...Do you do sharp turns?? More of a straight and fast rider.. etc...Sand stars are an over all awesome tire....but they won't do as well as other tires if you lgo straight and fast more than general duning

• 3 weeks later...

skat trak is the only way to go :thumbsup:

spend the money once you will be happy in the end :biggrin:

haulers if you want to go straight & edges if you want to turn

me i like to go straight

Edited by chillls

• 1 month later...
20's for a sraight line??? NO NO NO

Go with some 21's or 22's on a 8" blue lable in 8-10 paddle Hauler not Extreams. The Extreams are for built 500+ cc drag bikes, IMO.

not really i run 6 paddle extreme on my yfz450

The Extreme is an almost replica of the Hauler except each cup is not glued on it is a whole molded tire

You will never have the issue of replacing cups with the extremes..... but haulers on the other hand.....

I have heard alot of stories about cups coming off of haulers but that's after 10 seasons with em ahahha

i Prefer haulers over extremes but that's just my 2 cents