When Drag Racing @ a drag strip.

civicfrk1

If its an nhra track, then you need a snell 95 rated helmet i believe......might even be snell 2000 by now. Need to look up an nhra rule book and see what the helmets are now.......been a while since i raced at the track.

The Snell 95 is longer legal as of 2007, I also believe you may need to wear leather gloves, and a leather jacket. I would call the track you plan on running at to verify this before you make the trip. Some back wood tracks may let you get away with a lot more.

The Snell 95 is longer legal as of 2007, I also believe you may need to wear leather gloves, and a leather jacket. I would call the track you plan on running at to verify this before you make the trip. Some back wood tracks may let you get away with a lot more.

ive been to a couple track with my riding helmet leather jacket and gloves and they all let me race. you def need a teather switch also

The helmet should be just fine, and a tether, gloves, boots, and jacket are all "common" items that need to be worn at the asphalt strip. Some tracks are tight on the rules, some are more lax. The best thing to do is call the track before you go, like mentioned above :thumbsup:

Also, be sure to ask if there are any requirements for your quad, not just you. Some tracks require chain guards, street tires, etc.

Also, be sure to ask if there are any requirements for your quad, not just you. Some tracks require chain guards, street tires, etc.

As well as water in your cooling system instead of antifreeze....

Check the rules of the track you plan on running on... Generally...NHRA has rules, but the track may have it's own outside of NHRA....

Wow, really? I had no idea about that one...I have violated the rules on SEVERAL occasions then, LOL. What they don't know won't hurt them :whistling:

Some tracks are more stringent than others...

Obviously, you can't run a motor without oil...but, coolant takes time to clean up, since you're only running WOT for a few seconds at a good clip, really don't need antifreeze/coolant, water works just fine.

The local track requires tether, leather jacket and gloves, good leather boots, a snell helmet, and a chain guard. This is at Mid Michigan Motorplex. They are very strict on the rules. It seems like they do not like us very much!!!!

ok thanks guys.

I went today but just to spectate. the shee isnt done yet.

i see some people racing without a seat belt or helmet in their car.

and one guy on a yfz450 was wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a motorcycle helmet on and no gloves with stock dirt tires ,and he ran.

ill call and make sure what helmet i need.

i think that since not alot of quads go there , they dont really look at the rules.

ok thanks guys.

I went today but just to spectate. the shee isnt done yet.

i see some people racing without a seat belt or helmet in their car.

and one guy on a yfz450 was wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a motorcycle helmet on and no gloves with stock dirt tires ,and he ran.

ill call and make sure what helmet i need.

i think that since not alot of quads go there , they dont really look at the rules.

If you're gonna wear a MX Helmet, might not be a bad idea to take the visor off too...:)

If you're gonna wear a MX Helmet, might not be a bad idea to take the visor off too...:)

I made the visor mistake once! 1st run on our 1/4 quad, just past the 1/8 mile it tried to peel my head off backwards. I managed to get my head back down and completed the run with my chin buried in my chest. I guess I underestimated how fast our quad would go. It ran well over 100 mph on the 1st run and has been almost 116 mph since. Bryan

yeh thats me. hey i caught you on a pinks rerun a aweek or so ago,lol. i was'nt paying attention to the tv and almost missed it. i'll also probally be calling on you for some tips and pointers for the new season. i'm working on a new build and plan on hitting the asphalt a bit more this season.