pro circuits or 916's, t5's i dont know!

kodie

k i got pro circuit's on the bike now, got a set of fmf gold's laying around i could throw on. should i stick with the pc's or go for the fmf's? maybe get some t5's, DMC 916's, Paul turner's im so cornfused. All trail riding my mods are below. to damn cold to go outside at 2:30 am and get tire size. and i dont know my sprockets.

.040 wiseco pistons, Wiseco hotrod crank, Racelogic porting/polish, 30mm keihn pwks, Procircuit platinum pipes, w/spark arrestor silencers, Boyesen rad valves, Adj. timing plate set at +3, Noss head 20cc domes,Noss 7 way adj steering stabilizer, lightened flywheel, Billet clutch basket, Barnett dirt digger clutch&springs, Prodesign billet impeller, Prodesign proflow w/K&N K&N powerlid, Full Flight a-arms, Works dual rate with rezzy (resprung and revalved), G-Force adj axle

I strongly disagree, if your doing trail riding and want botttom-mid power the pro circuits are by far the torquiest pipe on the market. In all the dyno testing we have done in the last year, the pc's decimated everything hp and torque curve wise on bottom-mid ported motors. Hell I even saw a dyno run on a 460cc 6mm cheetah motor where the pc's beat out a set of ptr mid's by 5 hp, and had a bigger and better torque curve. This is one of the main reasons why halfway through the summer I switched over to pro circuits.

I strongly disagree, if your doing trail riding and want botttom-mid power the pro circuits are by far the torquiest pipe on the market. In all the dyno testing we have done in the last year, the pc's decimated everything hp and torque curve wise on bottom-mid ported motors. Hell I even saw a dyno run on a 460cc 6mm cheetah motor where the pc's beat out a set of ptr mid's by 5 hp, and had a bigger and better torque curve. This is one of the main reasons why halfway through the summer I switched over to pro circuits.

The dyno I seen showed the PT mids making 3 more hp on the bottom mid over PC's on a TT ported motor.

Most pipes will show more peak HP then the PT's, especially a 6mil cheetah wich is far from being a trail motor. I was using the PC's and switched to the PT mids because they had better bottom and mid power and had ALOT smoother power delivery.

that cheetah motor was resleeved and had the exhaust ports reported and moved down. The pc's showed more peak hp yes, but they also had a bigger torque curve on the 6 mill motor. Technically though, the ptr's pull higher rpm, so they should make power longer and further up. The pc's peak at 8600 rpm.

that cheetah motor was resleeved and had the exhaust ports reported and moved down. The pc's showed more peak hp yes, but they also had a bigger torque curve on the 6 mill motor. Technically though, the ptr's pull higher rpm, so they should make power longer and further up. The pc's peak at 8600 rpm.

:blink::blink: umm.. ok.. :smile:

Edited by Fouledout421

This week I just switched from fmf gnarly's to pt high revs and couldn't possibly be happier. I've never ridden a small bore drag port motor that had such a wide powerband. With the single carb setup and the pt revs, it actually has more low end than the gnarly's did still with a drag top end pull. Where are you located in Ohio kodie? I'm in the lima area. Drop me a PM if you're some what nearby.

• 6 months later...

k im bringing this topic back to life. my shee got an upgrade and im still not certain on what pipes to get.

here is what im working with. .40 over, still got the pro circuit pipes, noss head with 21 domes, timing +3, stock stroke, woods port, trinity 2 into 1 35mm carb. (which really woke her up mid range i love the new carb), 13/41 sprockets, 22 inch razr 2's on the back, no air box.

now ive heard people talking about the 916's, the paul turner mids, and t5's in diff post's and in a few other forums. but i havn't heard alot about the pro circuits other then snop.

does anyone else have any experience with these 4 sets of pipes? or at least with the pro circuits and one of the other 3?

im looking for a nice hard hit on bottom/mid. im not saying the pc's dont deliver that. just want to know there isn't another set of pipes out there that can't come threw and give a little more juice.

also i do not want to go with 2 into 1 pipe i'll sacrifice a little bottom end for the look of dual exhaust.

Thanks.

k im bringing this topic back to life. my shee got an upgrade and im still not certain on what pipes to get.

here is what im working with. .40 over, still got the pro circuit pipes, noss head with 21 domes, timing +3, stock stroke, woods port, trinity 2 into 1 35mm carb. (which really woke her up mid range i love the new carb), 13/41 sprockets, 22 inch razr 2's on the back, no air box.

now ive heard people talking about the 916's, the paul turner mids, and t5's in diff post's and in a few other forums. but i havn't heard alot about the pro circuits other then snop.

does anyone else have any experience with these 4 sets of pipes? or at least with the pro circuits and one of the other 3?

im looking for a nice hard hit on bottom/mid. im not saying the pc's dont deliver that. just want to know there isn't another set of pipes out there that can't come threw and give a little more juice.

also i do not want to go with 2 into 1 pipe i'll sacrifice a little bottom end for the look of dual exhaust.

Thanks.

Looks like you already hit the bottom end power with the 2-1 carb. If you mostly do trails the Pro circuits would be good for that bottom end power. If your looking for like bottom/mid range you might be able to get away with the 916's or Paul Turners because they both deliver a hell of an amount of mid range power.

i dont know anything about DMC. do they make 2 diff ones? the 916's and the aliens? if so hows your aliens?

The 916's are discontinued but if you look really well I am sure a warehouse has a left over one because I remember talking to someone that got one from a manufacture in NY. As far as my aliens really good mid/top end power and a lot of torque increase. The only down side is it really doesn't have oh so much low end but once you start moving at a good rate you would be disappointed with these pipes. Its no problem pullin wheelie in 3rd or 4th gear either. The only difference between the 916's and the aliens is really sound. If your really looking into the 916's I could give you a place that might have one sitting in their warehouse.

Edited by ASRBanshee