transmission

spike

I just got my hand on an RZ transmission, I mainly bought it for the forks and drum and also cause I needed the output shaft. now I'm wondering which one should I run. I will be running it in a 12 port stroker dune port from passion racing with shearer's and pwk33's

I was also wondering what other tranny mods are out there besides the star

Comparing the RZ tranny to the Banshee tranny; the RZ has a lower 1st gear and a lower 6th gear than the Banshee and 2nd thru 5th are higher than the Banshee. The RZ has a wider ratio spread for street and or racing. I would just keep your banshee gears and run the RZ shift forks and drum.

Mike

The RZ does have a lower 1st and 6th, but in my opinion, run the RZ tranny. You can gear the ratios down with your sprockets and what I have found with the RZ gearing, if you gear your sprockets for a longer ratio the switch from 5th to 6th aint that big. My banshee with a 14-39 ratio on 20s if I switch from 5th to 6th, they gap is to big. Go with the RZ tranny, I feel the gears are spread better than a banshee's.

My opinion.

Edited by 2strokespirit