+2 tie rods length...ASR..LSR...etc...

wacko2000

just like it says.. i need some input from all you guys that have +2 a-arms.....I have ASR front end....

My tie rods are measuring 14 3/4 from end to end without the ends on...

just the tie rods... no ends....

when my tie rods are on, the tires are real toe in, I can only twist one way bc they are alll the way in the heim joint, so when I twist the wheels are even more toe in.....

DO YOU THINK MY TIE RODS ARE TO LONG?????

THANKS..

hey buddy i have ASR +2 up 1 a arms and i just measured my tie rods from end to end of the rod and it measures out at 13 3/4" inches .. i think they sent you the +3 up 1 a arm tie rods ..

hey buddy i have ASR +2 up 1 a arms and i just measured my tie rods from end to end of the rod and it measures out at 13 3/4" inches .. i think they sent you the +3 up 1 a arm tie rods ..

Thanks Man.. I will be giving them a call tom to get this straightened out.. I sent them a email, I was going back and forth with some dude who really had no clue what was going on, and the tech wouldnt be in until Monday, which i had already known.. Yea I had a feeling they where for +3.. Im hoping this was my problem, would be a easy fix, thanks again..

How long have you had your ASR?

Do you like them?

Are they fully adjustable?

Do you have heim joints or stock ends?

Thanks Man.. I will be giving them a call tom to get this straightened out.. I sent them a email, I was going back and forth with some dude who really had no clue what was going on, and the tech wouldnt be in until Monday, which i had already known.. Yea I had a feeling they where for +3.. Im hoping this was my problem, would be a easy fix, thanks again..

Do you like them?

My Wicked tie rods for my +2+1 arms are 14" long with out the ends... My ends are screwed all the way in and the tires are toed out just a bit....

My Wicked tie rods for my +2+1 arms are 14" long with out the ends... My ends are screwed all the way in and the tires are toed out just a bit....

Yea thats kool man, so do you think they sent me the wrong ones, since mine are 14 3/4 and when theey are screwed alll the way in, my tires are toe in?

thanks

Do you like them?

i have had the ASR plus 2+1's for one season now and they seem to be rock solid . i have had no problems with them. i like them alot. i have the heim joints w/ them . i got the asr plus 2+1's pro. so ya they are adjustable in my case it was one of the best add ons i did with my shee but just my 2 cents

here are a couple picts of my shee w/ ASR +2 up 1 arms .wacko2000

post-27041-1194310208.jpg

left a arm ( rear)

post-27041-1194310664.jpg

Edited by wiecha17

Don't know if this helps or not, but , I actually figured out the length of the +2 tie rods, with ball joints based on the geometry of a stock rod to get me close when I did my alignment on my new front end. The length of the stockers with BJs(from center of BJ to center of BJ) is 14.2", if you draw it up, and figure +1" foward and +2" width, the length of the new tie rod from center of BJ to center of BJ is 16 9/16".

When I did mine it wound up actually being like one more turn out on each side, but that got me really close. If your in that area on the length, then something else was wrong. I know on the one bike I had, the arm coming off the spindle was actually bent, your best bet is to put it up on a jack, and measure from the floor to different points on the front suspension(side to side) and see if anything is bent. That should tell you pretty quickly.

my janseen arms run +2 450 tie rods reg +2 shee rods werent long enough i got them adjusted with correct toe in and blah had 3 threads left, tried to ride it at dunes beginning of yr and pulled the end out.

might look into something like that.