22x11x8-9 Vs 20x10x10-9

Arizonaduner

I'm up against the fence on this one. I ordered a set of 20x10x10 9 paddle Xtremes's and I'm wondering if I should have went with 22x11x8-9's (I already have a set of 10" rims - That's the main reason I went that way). I haven't taken delivery of the tires yet and I've got a good relationship with the shop I ordered them from (And they've got a ton of sand tires). They might let me swap tires if I ask.

Anyway, I've got a +4mm Cub motor that I just built and I haven't ridden it yet. 35 PWK's, Shearer pipes, and a +5 swingarm. I like going fast and hillshooting but I think I like value running the bowls and cutting turns more.

I've heard that the 20x10x10's turn and slide a lot better than the 22x11x8's but the 22's have a lot more traction. I've got a guy telling me I should definately go with the 22's. If I go with the 20x10x10's am I just gonna "Sit and spin?" Is there a good in-between tire?

Any thoughts?

Steve

you need to go one direction or the other cant really have both,,if you want bowling and turning go with the 20s..the 22s 11 are a 72-73 inch rollout tire with a wider tire and really is a drag racing tire only.but if you want to go straight I would go with the 22 11 s

• 3 weeks later...

With a +5 swinger, 4 mil cub a 22-9 paddle might be too much bite at the line. I hate ending up on my back. But none the less I would go with 22-10 paddle on an +8 swinger minimum, +10 depending on the power its putting out. This is only because hill shooting/drag racing is first priority.

I think you made the right choice since carving the bowls is what you want. You will still be able to hill shoot. You should be able to run lots of motors down with that +4 mil cub.

I ran with the 21X12X8 and love them. Like you said, happy medium. I air the tires up a little more when running bowls and carving side hills. I air them down when hill shooting. Great tire, that would be my recommendation. I had 20X10X10 9paddle extremes, great for bowls, sucked for dragging they are now on the wife's raptor.