cutting out

Coupelx

after my failed attempts to remove the flywheel i said the hell with it and put it all back together to ge ready for this weekend. took it for a test spin and aobut half way through the power band it cuts out and pops through the exhaust, also does it if you free rev it . the rest of the time it runs like shit and wont idle. i was thinking i possible cracked a magnent but they look fine from what i can see. It is about 20 degrees cooler out than when i last rode it. would this cause it to be too lean and cut out? i am going out now to check on what jets are in it, what size should i go up to?

I bet you did put a crack in the flywheel because right after I got my play banshee together (bought it in boxes) it was poping bad on the rightside cylinder and was cutting out. After trying a billion things and it still wasnt fixed, I pulled the flywheel back out and sure enough it had a crack on the backside. Put a different one on and she runs fine now

this is getting wierder by the minute. i just took it down the alley, ran perfect. yanked the front wheels up and everything. im fucking lost.

i know 160 is way too rich now. but those are the only jets i could get at the time. its about 30 degrees colder than when i usually ride it. im thinking of putting the 140s in and raising the needle. i dunno if i will beable to get 145s tomorrow. i will see i spose.

part of the problem was a loose pilot jet in the carb which i fixed before the jamboree :blink:

It also seems that the Super M (couldnt get anything else one of the last times i went riding) oil i was using in that last tank of gas was to blame too because when it was cool out and running super m it missed and ran like shit in the mid range. On castor 927 it did not miss no matter the temp, plugs were perfect.

I also got a chance to dyno it. Put down something like 43hp and 40ft-lb of torque. not bad i suppose for a unported banshee. AFR was lean at idle, rich in the midrange and perfect on the topend. For those of you in NE, Advanced Motorsports in Aurora is awesome. they had their dyno at the jamboree. Only casualty was the lower chain roller that let go at WOT in 5th. that was interesting.

The miss is interesting to say the least. if i can get it to pull through it, it screams on the top end. sometimes letting it 'cool down' even though its not hot helps.

I will agree, that bike shop definatley has potential with the guy who is running it.( I forget his name) I bought my son an eton from there not too long ago. Super friendly and knowledgeable. By the way how did the Jamboree go?

it went pretty good. we went friday and left saturday night because sunday was cold and windy. lots of mud at first but the entrance dried out pretty good.

the owner is great. he was charging 40 for pulls i think and he was going to do 4 for me with wideband (2 pulls a cylinder) before my roller let loose.