Help With Flywheel

yamaperv

Ok kind of a dumb one I am trying to install my adjustable timing bracket and I can't get my flywheel off i got the nut off and put a puller on the flywheel and it won't budge there isn't a snap ring or something that I am missing or is there some easier way to get it off, I ordered a manual but don't get it till tommorrow and I wanna ride tonight

Ok kind of a dumb one I am trying to install my adjustable timing bracket and I can't get my flywheel off i got the nut off and put a puller on the flywheel and it won't budge there isn't a snap ring or something that I am missing or is there some easier way to get it off, I ordered a manual but don't get it till tommorrow and I wanna ride tonight

No snap ring or nothing... What kinda puller you trying to use???

RIPPEN

Dude you need to get a flywheel puller from motionpro or someone like that. Dont use a 2 or 3 jaw puller

Good advice.. The 2 or 3 jaws are known to be hard on the flywheel and or stator.. DO NOT use those- lol.. As mentioned there is a actuall flywheel puller that works well and I believe is only 10 or 12 bucks most places.. Get that, its worth it!!

Also when you do get one make sure you clean the threads out good so you can get threaded ingood.. Have heard of allot of people not doing that and end up stripping the therads on the puller..

RIPPEN

One other thing to note: is to use a 1/2" drive impact gun/wrench for 1 you won't get it off and for 2 it won't stay on i used a 3/8 drive and it pulled it off but i rode it for 2 passes down the road and my damn fly wheel came loose so make sure you use a 1/2" drive other than that the job is very easy to achieve :beer: