DIFF COLOR IN SILENCERS

samdust

so im racing a 450 and my pride would not let me let off and lose but anyway i ran it pinned in 6th for like a minute and a half. maybe not even that. anyway it started smelling real bad and now inside the left silencer the oil in it is grey and the right silencer has black oil. i tryed getting a picture but no luck. so is that a sign of something about to go wrong? it runs and sounds fine but like i said diff colored oil.

so im racing a 450 and my pride would not let me let off and lose but anyway i ran it pinned in 6th for like a minute and a half. maybe not even that. anyway it started smelling real bad and now inside the left silencer the oil in it is grey and the right silencer has black oil. i tryed getting a picture but no luck. so is that a sign of something about to go wrong? it runs and sounds fine but like i said diff colored oil.

can any one tell me why the oil in my silencers are diff colors. i must be the only one to have this happen.

i wouldnt worry too much about it. i think just the one side got a bit hotter and burned the oil out of it. if you held her open for another 10 seconds they would probably both look the kinda dry.

when i raced mx on my 125 it would always be smoking out the silencer and look kinda grey and dry inside when i was done :shrug:

you could have burned the packing out in one, ive seen a friends banshee silencer catch fire inside after he overpacked them , he stoped and shut it off and it was smoking like a mofo and poppin hahah, either way, dont hold the bike WOT for a minute, thats not good for any quad