What mods

BIGSHO

I am new to two strokes and just got a 2002 banshee with pipes and the carb is jetted. I was wondering what the next best mods are for more power. Like I said i'm new to this so i'm clueless as to what I should do next for more power. thanks

There are thousands of after market spares for the banshee.

My personal opinion is to upgrade your suspension to elkas, works or whatever shock you prefer with longer a-arms (depends on what kind of riding you do)

Get a K&N air filter, Noss cool head with domes (depends on what fuel u use), v force 3 reed cages, this is all bolt ons. If you have to rebuild go for a nice port job!

I am new to two strokes and just got a 2002 banshee with pipes and the carb is jetted. I was wondering what the next best mods are for more power. Like I said i'm new to this so i'm clueless as to what I should do next for more power. thanks

If you are new to banshees, i would say pick-up a 2into1 intake. they make life much easier when it comes time to jet it for your new mods. It makes the bike run awsome too! A cheap way to pick-up some power is a timing plate. +4 on your timing will make a noticeable increase in power, especially off the bottom. but, as 2strokespirit said, a good coolhead and reeds are usually a great investment AND, on banshees, money is sometimes better spent on the supension rather than the engine. you have to be able to ride it as fast as the engine will take it, and the stock suspension leaves a lot to be desired! especially when you start building more power!

what are the big differences between different types of shocks like works or elkas. i mostly ride in sand pits. i do some trail riding and will be doing a little coal mountain riding in pa. what a arms are good for these types of riding. also im 6'5 about 275lbs, i dont know if that has anything to do with the equation for the shocks.

what are the big differences between different types of shocks like works or elkas. i mostly ride in sand pits. i do some trail riding and will be doing a little coal mountain riding in pa. what a arms are good for these types of riding. also im 6'5 about 275lbs, i dont know if that has anything to do with the equation for the shocks.

Most of these aftermarket shocks like elka etc they built the shocks for the type of riding and your weight and a-arms, the banshee has old technology shocks if i can say it like that, that cant be match by todays shock standards Go with +2 wider +1 forward a-arms, dont go with a long travel setup because the banshee frame geometry is not up to the task for long travel, you will have bump steer. You will not believe how these elkas can eat up bumps and jumps! I weight 110kg and have the elka compression & rebound adjustable front shocks built and valved for my weight for cross country, on hydrodynamic +2 +1 a-arms, at wide open throttle I just dont feel the whoops and bumps, that shocks just eat it all up and theres no way the standard setup would handle it the same why without throwing me over the bars!! I am saving for the elka rear linkage and shock.

Do a search in the forums and you will find all the answers you are looking for.

you didnt say weather or not u still have an airbox. by far the best bang for your buck mod for power goes get rid of that damn airbox and replace with filters that clamp directly onto the carbs, (im K&N or bust but whatever brand floats your boat). You will get a noticable gain escpecially with those pipes, and it will make it WAY EASEIER to rejet. DONT FORGET TO REJET AFTERWARDS

elka brand shocks are top of the line shocks. They are very very expensive and the average person does not need such an expensive shock. Youll never see me spending god knows how much on some elkas.

2-1 carbs....please. Stock carbs work fine. Hell im ported with stock carbs. Tuning is easy once you learn what adjustment affects what. That comes in time, everybody learns.

As for more power, port job with supporting mods. period.

that's my 2 cents. :ermm:

Edited by RagunCajun

First off i would look into a timing plate, then Cool Head, V force reeds, maybe gearing, pod filters, then your next mod/step would be porting. You can check out our site below to look at the above listed mods for prices and ideas.

Not a fan of it but we do them yes.