V force 3 reed cages

Snopczynski

Ok guys. I am thinking about selling the ported and hogged out stock cages with the carbon tech low-mid reeds to get v force 3 cages.

I need to know a few things. One, is it standard for them to come with stuffers that go inside the bottom of the cage. Is the inlet in the back round or Square? How well do the stock intakes match up with the hole in the back of these things? Anyone got pics of this setup with a 2 into 1 intake manifold?

Ok guys. I am thinking about selling the ported and hogged out stock cages with the carbon tech low-mid reeds to get v force 3 cages.

I need to know a few things. One, is it standard for them to come with stuffers that go inside the bottom of the cage. Is the inlet in the back round or Square? How well do the stock intakes match up with the hole in the back of these things? Anyone got pics of this setup with a 2 into 1 intake manifold?

they will all come with the small round stuffer. they match up fine but you have to cut a small portion of the stock intakes for them to fit right. you will see exaclty what im talking about when you put them against your stockers. its very obviose what has to get cut

edit: is there any reason you dont want to just get a billet intake ?

Edited by Bansh-eman

I will be putting it on with the 2 into 1 intake. I just wanted to get an idea of what the inlet hole is like. How do the reed petals attach to the cage? What type of material is the cage made of?

You guys ever seen these cascade reed stuffer plates?

post-20806-1192008512_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snopczynski

I will be putting it on with the 2 into 1 intake. I just wanted to get an idea of what the inlet hole is like. How do the reed petals attach to the cage? What type of material is the cage made of?

I am using the cascade stuffer plates couldnt really tell a difference tho. The reed petals are snapped into place so no screws to come loose and all the petals are the same unlike the 2's. The look to be a black carbon/plastic material.

I have a set of 2's on my other banshee and like them as well i have heard that they make more power but have yet to see a dyno to prove it. when i first got my 3's they had a tendency to come loose with a spacer installed but the suffers solved those problems.

I run them only because Ive got a trinity intake (Square, not round) with stock intakes round is what you need. Oh, and they are made out of aluminum if i remember correctly (The stuffers, my bad, early morning)

EDIT: But then again youve got a 2into1, so it really doesnt matter, just matters on your intake manifold. Not your boot.

Well, I talked to cascade this morning and those stuffers were specifically designed for their 2 into 1 intake. So, I am probably going to be selling my trinity intake and stock ported cages to get a cascade intake and vforce 3's with stuffers.

I run the cascade intake with the v-force 3s and cascade stuffers. they definately help on the 2into1 intake. Although the stuffers don't line up that great with the intake. a little dremel work and you can make them almost perfect. very nice set-up though. i love my 2into1. :biggrin:

sorry for asking a question in your thread snop but im confused now

im in the market for vf3s but now i am not so sure if i read it correctly you have to grind the stock intake port for the vf3s to fit and you also need the cascade stuffers too for 230 i need to do all that just to get it to fit right?

if soo screw that ill go with boyessen

You dont use the cascade stuffers/ You have to grind a 2 into 1 intake and the stuffers to match the ports properly. The vf3's will outflow boyeseen reeds any day. People dont get that the more reed petal port area the better. If you stick with a stock cage design your running about 3/8 less exposed port area compared to the vf3's.