Help Installing T.O.R.S. Removal Kit

flyRTby

I have a couple questions about installing the T.O.R.S. removal kit. First off, what electrical connections can i get rid of? obviously the carb tops, and the emergency brake but what else? Can i get rid of the connection on my front brake? Also I've read in previous post: " The box to the left of the ignition coil can be removed". Last thing, when drilling threw one of the carbs i nicked the opposite side wall. Did i just completely "F" myself or can i sand it down softly? It's not horrible but i can see and feel it. Thanks for the help.

If it is just a little nick in the center of the slide bore I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You might want to use a small piece of scotch brite to "lightly" polish it if there is a burr there

that catches your fingernail.

Honestly, as long as your slide doesn't catch on it you should be fine.

Edited by brian

You can unplug all the electrical connections. Throttle, clutch, little black box under left front fender, and both connections under the gas tank. Get some 600-800 grit sand paper and get the burr out of the opposite wall of the carb. Next time put an old broom handle or something in there so you dont hit the other side. I would also take your carb bowls off and clean your carbs really well after you sand, to get any shavings out of there.

very helpful guys, thanks! ill finish her up tomorrow and see how everything goes. but really, very good pointers from all of you. how the hell did you fit a dremel inside the carb? i was planning on using a blade, lightly sand followed by scotch brite. thanks, duce

very helpful guys, thanks! ill finish her up tomorrow and see how everything goes. but really, very good pointers from all of you. how the hell did you fit a dremel inside the carb? i was planning on using a blade, lightly sand followed by scotch brite. thanks, duce

I put a small egg shaped bit on my dremel and stuck it through the hole that I drilled, the egg shaped bit has teeth on the back side also. I put it through the hole (clearing everything) then started it up. It only took about two seconds to make a nice 45 degree angle around the inside of the hole. :evil:

Yep...cut and tape each wire individually so they can't touch, then tape 'em together....

I go to an auto parts store and get their plastic wire looms, you can get about 15 or 20 feet for less than 10 bucks, and tuck all my wires in there, as well...just cleans it all up!

any tips on tuning? is it true that most of the adjustment is in the throttle cable not the new air screws?

??

Mostly true in this case because the only tuning adjustment on the throttle cable itself is the Syncronizing.

The rest is in the jets and needle position.

I doubt you'll need to do more than syncing unless you made other major change(replacing air box with pods, removing air box lid, etc....)

the only issuse im having is the idle i didnt mess around too much. i just watned to make sure shee ran. the carbs are in sync with eachother. i guess my question should of been can i adjust the idle by my throttle cables. i hear the screw dosent really do a whole lot

No...

Use the screws...and they work just fine.

Did you file down the boss that the idle screws screw into? They must be ground down flat, and a little taken off.

They work fine...

If you use the throttle tops, you have NO slack at all, so...you turn the handlebars, etc...it could raise the idle.

You need to have a little slack and use the idle screws as they're meant to be.

If you're in a jam...you could use the throttle tops...but, only for the minute!

Use the idle screws as they're meant to be used!!!