jetting and plugchop

Leigh

ok i stil have a mid range bog... it will go away once powerband kicks in but it is like spuddering like crazy before it gets there and it is normal up to about 1/4 throttle... i am stumped i have no more ideas... it still seems too rich..it will just about move with the air box lid on it wont hit powerband with it on so i am about to not even run the lid anymore...plugs are all wet when i pull them out.. my jetting right now is....290 mains, needle in 4th clip from the top, 27.5 pilot..

so today i did a plug chop and i have no ring at the bottom of the thing at all on eather plug... i warmed it up with the old plugs... put new ones in ran it WOT in 6th and hit the kill and pulled in clutch took them out put the other ones in and rode home.... here is what they look like...

CIMG0182.jpgCIMG0183.jpg

4th position from the blunt or pointy end? The more you move the clip TOWARD the blunt end, the leaner the position of the clip. Did you do a chop with the 340's? Your bog is most likely coming from the needle and not the main jet. You are lean judging by the pics. Go up a couple sizes on your main and do another chop. Try cutting all the threads off of the plug, that way you dont have to be so carefull when you are cutting them!

Hope that helps.

i'm confused as to what all is done to your bike.

Please list your mods, ALL of them, your riding temps, your riding elevation...and rider weight.

Those plugs are lean...

Dial in the mains first...then bump the needle as it needs to be. could be lean on the main and rich in the middle...

I'd go up 4 sizes on the mains from whatever they are here, IF you keep all the rest of the bike the same (airbox/filter/lid/exhaust, etc.)

Start with 300 mains, probably fat...but safe/close.

Middle clip or 2nd clip down from the blunt end if it's "blubbery" from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle...

I don't know how much fuel Trinity's motor likes on the pilot. I'd leave the stockers in....and leave the air screws at 1 turn out.

well it is much better i got rid of the mid rang bog which was driving me crazy.. i think i just needed to use the stock pilot.. now it has a small bog alittle before powerband... i think i am just a little rich on my mains... i am going riding tomorrow morning so i am going to see how it goes and then i will do a plug chop and try to get my mains perfect..

4th position from the blunt or pointy end? The more you move the clip TOWARD the blunt end, the leaner the position of the clip. Did you do a chop with the 340's? Your bog is most likely coming from the needle and not the main jet. You are lean judging by the pics. Go up a couple sizes on your main and do another chop. Try cutting all the threads off of the plug, that way you dont have to be so carefull when you are cutting them!

Hope that helps.

what do you mean by cutting all the threads off??? like cut all the way around out cut the plug down like i did but go till the threads end??

what do you mean by cutting all the threads off??? like cut all the way around out cut the plug down like i did but go till the threads end??

go down to bottom of threads and cut completely around, cutting hole thread base off, its a lot esier, and to read.

ran good all day today... didnt do a plug chop yet... but i hit some water and it stalled out.. then it was like boging really bad till i took my outerwear off... are the outerwares really restrictive??? because for some reason my banshee loves air i wont run with a lid on and now it doesnt like the outerware..