Black out lights? Can I get them?

dogboystoy

Sometimes I wonder why the hell we have some of these conversations and questions.

One, I dont think its a great idea to drive around at night with little to no lights on, someone can run into you or you can crash. Two, if you want them because your gonna outrun the cops, or only be riding with your group somewhere, then your a dork. You dont need stealth mode lighting, Done.

Snop, you are just being a dick. 1st you dont know me. I have never had a run in with the law, I dont ride where I am not supposed to. If you think My idea is dumb, so be it, but you dont have to be a dick about it. Second, All I did was ask where I could find them, I didnt ask what you thought of my idea.

And until youve played Hide and seek at night, dont go bashing. You obviously can drive full speed at night anyway.

Snop, you are just being a dick. 1st you dont know me. I have never had a run in with the law, I dont ride where I am not supposed to. If you think My idea is dumb, so be it, but you dont have to be a dick about it. Second, All I did was ask where I could find them, I didnt ask what you thought of my idea.

And until youve played Hide and seek at night, dont go bashing. You obviously can drive full speed at night anyway.

he aint being a dick.... i was in from 89-94...USMC i had my humvee and 5 ton liscense in the military and those black out lights arent for navigating terrain at night with just your eyeballs. go ahead try it ... you know GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE?????

watch out for the f...in tree cause guess what you wont see it coming... :blink:

Dudes its not like he is running route irish at 50 mph around midnight. He is playing HIDE and SEEK with his friends on quads. He didnt ask an opinion wheather you think its safe. Like hitting a 40' double is safe. Its just a game usually pretty slow speed, it is dark ya know.

I still think you should go with the night vision goggles, there are cheaper models out. You could get some tinted plexiglass and put that in front of your head lights to get a dimmer light effect also.

Any dummy would turn on their normal headlights when hauling ass, I mean think about it, If I need to take off then I was probably spotted anyway.

But thanks for the input.

The blackout lights I used in the Army from 1990-1994, were bright enough for slow navigation, these were not on Humvees, this was on a 915 A1 and an M925. Now I am not sure if they used the same lights on all vehicles, but the ones I used were bright enough. My buddy who is getting these for me came back from Iraq last year, he said they are bright enough for what I need, and he would also know. He also drives the large trucks like I did.

I will let you know how it turns out and will post pics once I get them.