Black out lights? Can I get them?

dogboystoy

I want some black out lights that put a small beam on the ground for a "stealth mode". This would be for riding at night. My regular headlights are too bright and I would like the option to put these on when being sneaky, that way it is more difficult to get spotted.

Does anyone know what I mean? And whos sells something like this?

I want some black out lights that put a small beam on the ground for a "stealth mode". This would be for riding at night. My regular headlights are too bright and I would like the option to put these on when being sneaky, that way it is more difficult to get spotted.

Does anyone know what I mean? And whos sells something like this?

I dont know where to get something like this, but why are you trying to go in "stealth mode"? Why do you want to be "sneaky"? Why dont you want to get "spotted"? :unsure:

When Im out in the woods at night and playing hide and seek, its more of an advantage to have dim lights. My buddies wont hear my quad over the sound of their own. I can put around and locate a new hiding spot, vice versa, they may not see me coming. Plus it makes it a bit spookier at night.

My good buddy is in the milliatry, drives trucks. Said he could get me a true military Black out light for my quad, how sweet.. So next time he has drill he will get it for me. It should be just the ticket. I will post pics when I get it (2 weeks or so). If anyone knows of an aftermarket setup let me know.

My good buddy is in the milliatry, drives trucks. Said he could get me a true military Black out light for my quad, how sweet.. So next time he has drill he will get it for me. It should be just the ticket. I will post pics when I get it (2 weeks or so). If anyone knows of an aftermarket setup let me know.

all a blackout light is. is a small led type bulb that has a shield over the top that only allows the light to come out of the housing and point it down to the ground. makes very little light at all. it will not be enough to see where you are going... the purpose of it is that when drivig with night vision goggles the ambient light from the tiny bulb is enough for others to see that are using night vision so you dont run into them. its not to actually put light on the ground enough to see anything

all a blackout light is. is a small led type bulb that has a shield over the top that only allows the light to come out of the housing and point it down to the ground. makes very little light at all. it will not be enough to see where you are going... the purpose of it is that when drivig with night vision goggles the ambient light from the tiny bulb is enough for others to see that are using night vision so you dont run into them. its not to actually put light on the ground enough to see anything

that is not completely true, The black out light throws enough light on the ground for you to see without night vision goggles. The point is to prevent the light from shooting up so that aircraft cannot see a convoy or a single truck easily from the air, and is harder for ground troops to see you coming. And if it sheds enough light for a semi truck then it should be plenty for an atv..

Snop, I didnt see the red lights you were talking about, but that guy has some kick ass lighting stuff. I bookmarked his site for future reference. Thanks

that is not completely true, The black out light throws enough light on the ground for you to see without night vision goggles. The point is to prevent the light from shooting up so that aircraft cannot see a convoy or a single truck easily from the air, and is harder for ground troops to see you coming. And if it sheds enough light for a semi truck then it should be plenty for an atv..

Snop, I didnt see the red lights you were talking about, but that guy has some kick ass lighting stuff. I bookmarked his site for future reference. Thanks

the amount of light is not enough for you to see anything infront of you when your moving trust me. Im in the Marines. we train with blackouts all the time. If your not wearing NVG's your not going to see shit period. the amount of light that thing puts out is so small on a moving truck or quad your eyes are not going to have a chance to focus on what your about to hit until you hit it.

the amount of light is not enough for you to see anything infront of you when your moving trust me. Im in the Marines. we train with blackouts all the time. If your not wearing NVG's your not going to see shit period. the amount of light that thing puts out is so small on a moving truck or quad your eyes are not going to have a chance to focus on what your about to hit until you hit it.

This true that is why yo usee so many Hmvees with DVE for night driving.