Carb Sizes Larger Than Stock Don't Work Well.

jayzx10r

Hey there "sredish", My project is still in the making but I chose to go with the 4 mil RZ setup ported by Passion. I'm kinda stoked about getting it going, according to Jim, I'm gonna have the best of both worlds, gobs of torque and some stellar topend. He told me, because I'm gonna run the Rockets, that they are gonna hold me back on topend vs. the Shearers. I don't really care about that though, I'm not a dragger either, I just like the looks of the Rockets and they clear the pv assembly.

yea, i've heard the Rockets work very very well on the RZ motors. 4 mil RZ motor should be stroooong and very very fun. I'm jealous to say the least. Get it all figured out so when I build mine I know who to ask. I'm really not familiar at all with the wiring of the RZ stuff and all, that'll be new to me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the diagrams if you ever need them.

One thing that is really awesome is there is a guy that builds a programmable ignition controller for the "RZ" and he also builds a programmable powervalve controller, which in my opinon, would be the cats ass for dialing them in with the power curve of the pipe. From what I understand you can even close the valves further than stock.

One thing that is really awesome is there is a guy that builds a programmable ignition controller for the "RZ" and he also builds a programmable powervalve controller, which in my opinon, would be the cats ass for dialing them in with the power curve of the pipe. From what I understand you can even close the valves further than stock. [/b]

Yea, never heard of those but that sounds like a killer setup. To be able to control the powervalves like that would be just killer.

someone should figure out how to make some of those aftermarket power valve cylinders electronically actuated.

Hey "Snop" I am not real sure on how the aftermarket PVs work (other than exhaust pressure), I think they are a gate valve setup maybe, vs. a "RZ" setup uses a barell valve. Kinda funny how Honda started using this setup almost 20 years later after Yamaha pioneered it .... :flamewar: Honda

One thing I would like to do, if I had the money, maybe we could put together a plan sometime, but build a 7 mil RZ engine with a 2:1 intake, and build it for the ultimate Woods, XC, MX, SX, engine just to see the outcome. I do have a real nice spare RZ topend (1UA) set that was factory rated @ 63hp :woot:

Check this out "sredish"......http://www.zeeltronic.com/page/home.php

Edited by RZBansheeMan

One thing I would like to do, if I had the money, maybe we could put together a plan sometime, but build a 7 mil RZ engine with a 2:1 intake, and build it for the ultimate Woods, XC, MX, SX, engine just to see the outcome. I do have a real nice spare RZ topend (1UA) set that was factory rated @ 63hp :woot:

Check this out "sredish"......http://www.zeeltronic.com/page/home.php

Sweet stuff there. That'd be trick, pull out the ol' handheld programmer on the bansh, do some adjustments and be off. Now, the only thing left for you to do is to sell me that "spare" RZ topend..... :shrug: Hate to just see it sit there. :whistling:

Sweet stuff there. That'd be trick, pull out the ol' handheld programmer on the bansh, do some adjustments and be off. Now, the only thing left for you to do is to sell me that "spare" RZ topend..... :shrug: Hate to just see it sit there. :whistling:

How about I sell you some pics of it.........LOL

I would consider it but........The 1UA's are not very common here in the states, mine are stock port, stock head, powervalves are in extremely excellent condition (something to be watched out for on neglected RZs) and it's on just the first over bore. I might consider it though, they are just sitting idle here next to me......

Might have to draw up a contract........."IF" I sold you that spare RZ topend..............You send that Honda down the road for nothing but another Banshee and Banshee only........J/K.... :biggrin:

Edited by RZBansheeMan

Current aftermarket powervalve setups use bombardier powervalves. Its a giant red adjsuter screw with a spring underneath that sits on a slide that has a rubber diaphragm like a cv carb. Then the powervalve slides stick down into a cut out in the exhaust port. These are Rossier banshee cylinders.

banshee_ported_pv_kit-lg.jpg

These are Bombardier 580 rotax cylinders.

skdpwv.jpg

On the watercraft seadoos, they figured out how to make them vacuum actuated of a solenoid valve and engine vacuum. See the hoses of these ones in a seadoo.

picseadoo01rxae.jpg

I've seen what they look like from the outside but was kinda curious as how they functioned, for the most part it looks as if higher exhaust pressure pushes them open. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are they adjustable via. setting the spring tension high or low with a center screw ?

To me the Electronically operated PVs would be more accurate being digitally controlled, as long as everything is up to par and and properly adjusted.

I'm still more in favor of OEM cylinders.

Edited by RZBansheeMan

Might have to draw up a contract........."IF" I sold you that spare RZ topend..............You send that Honda down the road for nothing but another Banshee and Banshee only........J/K.... :biggrin:

:yelrotflmao:

I'd almost draw up that contract with you, but I have two Hondas, can I send the other one down the road? This black one is just too much fun.

But see, they're just sitting there.

edit: and for the record, Joe at Rossier is da' man!

Edited by sredish

:yelrotflmao:

I'd draw up that contract with you, but I have two Hondas, should I send them down the road? This black one is just no fun.

J/K !!!

Why....... :yes: YES you should, they both ought to be worth one RZ powered Banshee :biggrin: .................

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :beer:

So, what are people running for play gearing and tire sizes on the small bikes like mini stroker or ported 350's?

15/41 was what i was using but i just went back to stock. Much better. I rather the spread out gears on the 15/41 but oh well. I wish my powerband wouldnt hit so damn violent though. Good ole t5s :(