need info on some parts

crbanshee

i have already searched high and low here for the answers but didnt find what im looking for...

seems that its time for a crank top end and a clutch.. i was told i can get a rebuilt crank for $500 i looked at a few places online and found the HOTRODS stroker crank and top end in a complete kit for about 750.. does anyone have this kit and how is the reliability of your shee with it?? i also need a clutch, the shop is telling me that the HINSON complete clutch is $800 ballpark.. i know hinson is one of the best of the best, but is there anything out there close to the same quality with a bit of a better price??

or can anyone recomend any other manufactures for any or all of these things that are both good quality and price??? im not trying to be cheap on this but at the same time my bank account and my fiancee wont let me drop almost $3000 into my shee right now.

i have already searched high and low here for the answers but didnt find what im looking for...

seems that its time for a crank top end and a clutch.. i was told i can get a rebuilt crank for $500 i looked at a few places online and found the HOTRODS stroker crank and top end in a complete kit for about 750.. does anyone have this kit and how is the reliability of your shee with it?? i also need a clutch, the shop is telling me that the HINSON complete clutch is $800 ballpark.. i know hinson is one of the best of the best, but is there anything out there close to the same quality with a bit of a better price??

or can anyone recomend any other manufactures for any or all of these things that are both good quality and price??? im not trying to be cheap on this but at the same time my bank account and my fiancee wont let me drop almost $3000 into my shee right now.

F.A.S.T racing's clutch and basket are very nice and no where near $800. I'm running the setup on mine and love it.

if you're on a budget, why not look for a good used crank, hone your jugs, and get new rings? if that kit you priced is for a hotrods stroker crank and jugs that are already set up to match it then i don't think it's too bad of a deal....actually, it sounds a little low.

The FAST clutch is only the plates... he is talking about the Hinson innerhub Basket and pressure plate....

500 for a rebuild is kinda stupid. you can buy a brand new crank for 400. as im am sure you know if you want ot go the route of a stroker your going to need more then the crank. The kit your talking about is a spacer plate... not exactly the most favorable route. id say save your money and buy only the parts you need.

you can get a new hotrods for 400 get porting for another 300-400 or possibly less. as far as your clucth goes look at a magnum billet basket. they are just as good as a hinson at a fraction of the cost. unless your running a big motor you can keep your inner and pressure you have right now.

get ahold of Kevin at Herr jugs racing, he lives in encinitas so you can drive your parts up to him. Let him know i sent you and he might work you a better deal if he can.

if your interested, i have a set of stock jugs. 64mm bore ported by alba last year, cill come with some 795 pistons. all you would need is the crank and you can throw these on and run. they are NOWHERE near a rebuild, only rode them last season...lmk...

iv been selling these to a guy that has been pussy footing around and im done waiting on him to pay...

ok so i just talked to the mechanic doing the work on my shee. he said he wont even do the work if i use the hotrod kit. he has had nothing but bad luck with them. i also found out that i can get an oem cank for $305, and have it trued and welded for $100 so im leaning twards going that way on it. the hinson racing clutch is 900 for the complete clutch and the rebuild is only about 175 with labor. so i think im just going to spend the money and do it right and do it once.. now i need some more info and ideass though..

here is the current situattion. top end is being done as we speak. but the clutch and crank are about to die. i can get a few more rides out of both so im goinig to do them both in november. is there anything else you guys would recomend doing to my 04 shee that has beeen riden into hell. so that i dont have to end up rebuilding the entire motor again in the future?? i wanted to goto a stroker motor, but as of right now im going to be buying a ktm 525 so the shee is going to be more of a sand only bike.. any ideas that might help save some future costs????

to be 100% honest man, if he is telling you he wont work on a motor with a hotrods crank you need a new mechanic... theres nothing wrong with them. get it rewelded and your set. you have been on here long enough to know that hotrods is the crank that 90% of people use and how often do you hear of them failing?

305 for a oem crank sound like a waste. for 100 bucks more yu can get a stroker. but its your call. if your going to pu a stocker back in dont both spending 300 bucks on a oem crank, find someone that pulled one out of thir bike right after getting it and storked it. you can grab one of those for like 75 bucks...

also for the clutch if your going to tick with a stock stroke then you dont need to drop 900 bones on that setup... get a billet basket and run the inner and pressure plate you have with some FZR 1000 Fibers and Stock banshee steels. get some HD springs and run 50/50.

dont pay someone to rebuild your clutch you can do it your self in no time. and save your self ome money... its insanly ez

shit if your that worried about it bring it to my house and ill doit for you for free. dont pay some machanic for that shit...

Edited by Bansh-eman