New Banshee Owner feeling CRAMPED

fishwater

Hey Guys, I just picked up my first quad & of course had to get the Banshee. I have never ridden a quad before but have had bikes & sleds for the past few years. I got rid of a YZ 426 for this 2001 Banshee, even trade & think it was a great deal. The problem is that I am feeling really cramped on the Banshee, my hips were hurting after riding for an hour today. I am 6'1", 260lbs & old, OK OK FAT & OLD.

So anyway, is there anyway to change the seat to footpeg distance? I had lowered pegs & a tall seat on my YZ as well as risers which put me in perfect position. I searched around here & could only find two posts for tall seats & a few for lower pegs. I saw Blaster pegs or AC Pro & IMS offer lower pegs. Will the Blaster pegs do the same thing for a cheap experiment? I do want to retain the heel guards for now until I get used to riding this puppy. For now the bars are fine but either I need a taller seat so my knees aren't higher than my hips or lower pegs, any help? Thanks in advance!

ya, but hes used to a dirtbike which has a seat to footpeg distance prolly 4"-5" longer than on a banshee, makes it easier to go from seated to standing/attack position...

Yep, you are 100% correct plus I can't help the fact that my hips were bothering me, maybe I will get used to it but it still feels small & weird at this point.

My best friends bike has the frame stretched 2" up, and he has a +2 steering stem, with a 2" riser and a set of d bars. He is 6'5" 250lbs. Heres a pic of it. The bike has been torn back down and the frame repowdercoated since this pic was taken.Or click here for the big picture.

5d9dc78542af.jpg

Edited by Snopczynski

Man the Banshee is the Cadillac of quads. Its much more roomy and comfortable than any of the others. Im 6' around 210-215 and it fits me perfect. I cant stand the newer quads. On my brothers TRX450R I feel like "Fat guy in a little cooooaaat". The thing is Im not fat. These new bikes are just cramped as hell and the seats suck.

I had the same problem when I got my first Banshee. I am 6' also and weighed maybe 160 - 170ish, now I'm closer to 200....LOL. Anyways I went from riding my CR dirtbikes at Silver Lake dunes and loved them but an accident (at a local track) left me a bum left knee, after 2 months went by my buddy swapped his Banshee for my CR 500 for the day at the dunes so I could still ride. It was awkward as hell going from a bike to a Banshee for the first time but the more I rode it the more I fell in love with it. By the end of the day we agreed he take my bike and my payments, and I got the Banshee :thumbsup:

Edited by RZBansheeMan

Man the Banshee is the Cadillac of quads. Its much more roomy and comfortable than any of the others. Im 6' around 210-215 and it fits me perfect. I cant stand the newer quads. On my brothers TRX450R I feel like "Fat guy in a little cooooaaat". The thing is Im not fat. These new bikes are just cramped as hell and the seats suck.

So would a Raptor feel any roomier or is like the newer quads? I have never even sat on one but all I have read says that people complain about it being tall & tippy. I am liking the Banshee but either need to get used to it or get something larger.