bansh-man

i have a 2003 yamaha banshee and i have the following bolt ons:

fmf sst pipes + silencers

4 degree timeing advance

k&n air filter

jetting is now at 240

?

?

what do i have to do to run wit the 450's? its as if thats not enough?, in 6th gear on the road or gravel i can get them, but if i get n the sand i bog like crazy and its like i have the power of a blaster? doesnt make sense?

i have a 2003 yamaha banshee and i have the following bolt ons:

fmf sst pipes + silencers

4 degree timeing advance

k&n air filter

jetting is now at 240

?

?

what do i have to do to run wit the 450's? its as if thats not enough?, in 6th gear on the road or gravel i can get them, but if i get n the sand i bog like crazy and its like i have the power of a blaster? doesnt make sense?

240 mains are way too small. Dont run that motor any more.

You are not jetted corectly

Where are you located?

What kind of air filter set up? Is your air box lid on?

Elevation above sea level and temperature are big factors.

:thumbsup:

240 mains are way too small. Dont run that motor any more.

You are not jetted corectly

Where are you located?

What kind of air filter set up? Is your air box lid on?

Elevation above sea level and temperature are big factors.

:thumbsup:

im located around 55 miles south of stl mo and i have a filter wit the lid off on original box.. wat size do you suggest?

google says your 465 above sea level.

Id say start with a 300 main, needles in stock position (middle clip)

air screws (2) turns out .

This is with k&n air filter and no lid on air box.

And do some searching around in the jetting exhaust forum. :thumbsup:

k so ill try the 300's and what screws am i turning? not sure lol... thnx

k so ill try the 300's and what screws am i turning? not sure lol... thnx

The little brass air screws on the side of the carb. Turn it all the way in then two turns out.

The little brass air screws on the side of the carb. Turn it all the way in then two turns out.

would turning them that way now with my 240's have any effect? or should i wait till i get the 280 -300s?

get the 280 or the 300 main jets. You are running way too lean....once you get the new jets in you;ll notice a diference. Get a clymers manual for the banshee and it will aswer a lot of question ou have. Or you can do a search on here and get alot of info that the book won't tell you.

would turning them that way now with my 240's have any effect? or should i wait till i get the 280 -300s?

Those air screws have an effective range to 1/4 throttle. Do not confuse them with main jet adjustment. The air screws will have little to do with how your bike performs at WOT. Always start by tuning that main jet and work your way down. I agree that 280-300 will be in the ballpark.

Brandon

I HAD SAME SETUP BUT RAN AT SEA LEVEL AND I HAD 310'S RAN A LITTLE FAT BUT THEN AGAIN SO AM I.....

k thanks to all of you who helped me... im a newb at this so thnx... but thats what would cause me to bog out in 5th and 6 th gear? wide open?

im pretty sure i should b outrunning those stock yfz's right? with this setup?

with that setup i was running 320 mains, 27.5 pilots, stock needle 3rd clip, air screw 2 turns out... that should get you in the ball park..

if you want to find where to begin modding that bike make sure you use the search botton before making a post, i promise you it has been covered like 100 times, you just have to look a little to fnd it.

p.s. change your name :)

with that setup i was running 320 mains, 27.5 pilots, stock needle 3rd clip, air screw 2 turns out... that should get you in the ball park..

if you want to find where to begin modding that bike make sure you use the search botton before making a post, i promise you it has been covered like 100 times, you just have to look a little to fnd it.

p.s. change your name :)

what exactly is a clip and how much is it?