cub base gaskets

dutch350

what type of base gaskets and thickness do you use on a 421 cub. and a good place to order them.i also need the stud extenders. i tried jeff at fast but he is closed till tues.

Thickness of base gaskets depends on what you want your squish to be...I run a thinner base gasket to decrease my squish, what works for me may not work for you.

Vitos sells gaskets, several different thicknesses to choose from.

Thickness of base gaskets depends on what you want your squish to be...I run a thinner base gasket to decrease my squish, what works for me may not work for you.

Vitos sells gaskets, several different thicknesses to choose from.

LOL posting at the same time and basicly said the samething

Jeff uses 0.012'' thickness base gaskets on 421 Cubs.......just talked to him yesterday about one. Also.....I have an extra set of stud extenders if you need them fast, pm me. If this is a brand new Cub, do you have the water plugs?

i bought the cub used from smkmupbanshee he did not know the thickness just said it was a vitos. can i use the regular 1 piece vitos that come in different thickness on a 68 mil because i noticed they sell a kit for the cub with a vitos 4 mil crank.i really dont need the whole kit , just the base gasket.

Glad to help!

My squish is .039, runs great. :beer:

I wouldn't run it any tighter than that, but usually the ideal squish is between 40-50 thousandths.

Also, make sure you check the cylinder base nuts after each night of racing or couple nights of racing... I had mine come loose on me and I blew out a base gasket. I run a .012 gasket and its very thin, doesn't take much to slip out if the cylinders start coming loose. Also make sure you check the head nuts often too, I've got friends that say theirs come loose after a couple nights of racing, some after a few passes. I haven't had problems with my head nuts but wanted to pass along a pointer so you don't run into the same troubles.

I like between .040 and .050 squish, do you know how to check it.

Majic...I'm surprised you don't carry them.

Get yourself a digital caliper from Harbor Freight. I think I paid less than 30 for mine.

It has become an invaluable tool, especially when you go to alky/methanol and have to start drilling shit...LOL.

I like between .040 and .050 squish, do you know how to check it.

Majic...I'm surprised you don't carry them.

Get yourself a digital caliper from Harbor Freight. I think I paid less than 30 for mine.

It has become an invaluable tool, especially when you go to alky/methanol and have to start drilling shit...LOL.

I do but I try to tread lightly plus glamis is about to start up and I am running low on stock right now