v-arm pics

kelvin

• 4 weeks later...
lone star racing says its a v-arm but i dont see the v lol but it looks a little stronger than the stock j-arm

well as a replacement for the actual yamaha "J" arm, (which is made from large tube stock) the lonestar arm kit would technically be a "v" arm because of it having 2 tubes leading from frame to ball joint instead of one large tube welded 90 degrees to another tube and bent to form, you guessed it. the "j" shape. :ermm:

heres a picture of my j arm and look at the difference.

Yeah...........that's a J-Arm.

There is no such thing a v-arm or a or a d-arm. You can choose from a-arm, j-arm, or an n-arm when talking about suspension.........the other terms out there have been conjured by people who don't know what they are doing or are trying to sell something. :down:

• 1 month later...
Yeah...........that's a J-Arm.

There is no such thing a v-arm or a or a d-arm. You can choose from a-arm, j-arm, or an n-arm when talking about suspension.........the other terms out there have been conjured by people who don't know what they are doing or are trying to sell something. :down:

Lonestar offers the A-arms...so technically there is such a thing as a V-Arm and they are going for $682 USD from Lonestar im thinking bout them for the old ladies shee

Lonestar offers the A-arms...so technically there is such a thing as a V-Arm and they are going for $682 USD from Lonestar im thinking bout them for the old ladies shee

Seriously..............technically speaking with respect to vehicle suspension design, there is no such thing as a v-arm. :geek:

Seriously..............technically speaking with respect to vehicle suspension design, there is no such thing as a v-arm. :geek:

It's a U arm!!!!! it attaches to the U joint......... oh brother. I'm with yeah Mark.

Maybe its an I arm or 8 arm. 8 would make sense cause thats what it looks like if cut in half....... :biggrin: stiring away