SHOW ME THE MONEY Race Sept. 29th

dajogejr

Hey guys...here's an email from my buddy Rich...it's a big race, good purse...and big turnout end of September.

For you out of state boys, this place is roughly 1.5 to 2.0 hours north of Detroit. Here's the details in an email I received....

Alright here are the details on the upcoming Sept 29th SHOW ME THE MONEY race at Albright Shores Sand Dragway in Gladwin County

A few of us sand racers have been putting on a 2 -3 Events a season at different tracks-West Michigan Sand dragway, Cleves Ohio, and Albright Shores

What we are looking to accomplish Sept 28th and 29th is having a end of the year, put it all out there , set it on KILL , Knock Down good old fashion Drag Race!! I know that I ran my fastest pass of the year that weekend in 2005 and again in 2006- believe me I was not the only one - we have had great action at this now 3rd annual event - racers really seem to let it all hang out and want to go out at the end of the year with a bang!!!!!

We are planning on 7 classes- these are 300 ft sand drags side by side some bracket racing while others are HEADS UP

classes are 1- Juniors (15 and under) open field atv /junior dragster/ buggy

2-ATV Bracket

3-OPEN Bracket

4-PRO ATV (index) must run 4.499 or faster

5-PRO TRUCK (index) must run 4.499 or faster to qualify

6-OPEN Eliminator 3.5 break-out Heads up

7-TOP FUEL- No break out time - heads up

We feel these classes should give us a great turn out

We have a 1rst place of 1000 dollars guaranteed in the ATV and OPEN Bracket

Pro Truck 1rst place 750.00

Top Fuel 1rst place 500.00

Pro Atv 1rst place 500.00

Open Eliminator 1rst place 500.00

these are just the pay outs for the winners and as sponsor dollars come in we will increase these -so as you can see paying 1 and 2 and in some classes paying back to 4th we will need some funding so I am asking for your support for this event!!

I have included the flyer we are putting out on different sites- this will change and the sponsors will be added as we get them to Commit-The plan is 3 different sponsor packages all including some great advertising for the buck and name recognition - Now I realize some of my vendors do not necessarily sell direct to the general public , however the turn out for this race last year was spectacular and we anticipate even more racers and there friends and family this year- We have a preliminary confirmation on a tent for vendors to set up displays and sell product if they desire- this is a great way to be in touch with what is going on in your surrounding sales area and there are quite a few automotive business people who are involved so it will be a captive audience

albright shores website is www.albrightshores.com

another excellent sand drag site is www.sanddragcentral.com

I also have include some pictures of the track and last years SHOW ME THE MONEY

Sponsorship Packages are as follows

PACKAGE 1 $300.00 2 of the 2x4 banners with company name and contact to be placed on the fence line of both right and left lanes- the opportunity to have printed information passed out to the racers and spectators by our staff or yourself if you attend- 4 gate passes

PACKAGE 2 $600.00 3 of the 3x5 banners with company name and contact to be placed on the fence line of both right and left lanes, also 1 banner up at the front or roadside of the property- THIS PACKAGE IS THE ONE I AM PUSHING- you also get the SOLE sponsorship of one of the 7 classes - with this your company and contact information will be announced at the begginning of each round for that sponsored class- printed information distributed by our staff or yourself and the opportunity to set up a booth for either product placement or sales - the class sponsors will have their name along with the main race sponsor on the trophies

PACKAGE 3 $2000.00 This is the main race sponsor for the entire weekend and will get top billing - Race sponsor will get everything in package 2 with banner sizes being 3x8 and will get 4 banners one at the front gate, one on the TOWER for prominent visibility and 2 trackside one in each lane- race main sponsor will also have their company name along with the class sponsor on all the trophies

I hate asking for money from anyone but over the years I have learned that contacts are everything in business- Keep in mind racers come from all over the state of Michigan as well as St Louis,Ohio,Kentucky and more so it's not just local advertising in the Gladwin Area we are exposing your company to-

Feel free to call me for details and thanks for your time

Rich Simon

Richards New Baltimore Auto Parts

586 634 1468

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, guys and gals, I've never run on an "Index" before. Always sportsman or pro tree...bracket racing.

Here's what Rich wrote to me on what index means:

index is when you have a dial time it is at the bottom of the tenth - so 4.1 4.0 4.2 so if you run say a 4.25 and 4.40 in time trials the tower will automatically put you on the faster time and indexed so you can dial down but it has to be dialing down a tenth - you can't dial slower (sandbag) so the object is to run what you brung but you can break out

yep, the tree starts the same for both lanes & you have to get as close to that time w/o going faster & still beat the other bike...we had set indexes... 5.0 ,6.0 it was a sandbaggers haven... there must be alot of bikes if they are going to be able to run averybodys trial times as a class?

yep, the tree starts the same for both lanes & you have to get as close to that time w/o going faster & still beat the other bike...we had set indexes... 5.0 ,6.0 it was a sandbaggers haven... there must be alot of bikes if they are going to be able to run averybodys trial times as a class?

that's not the way I understand it, Dave...it gets rid of "baggers.

I'm pretty sure the clock is still a bracket race clock...staggered starts. It just rounds down and takes your best time in qualifying.

However....we'll have to see...never dealt with a index.

that's not the way I understand it, Dave...it gets rid of "baggers.

I'm pretty sure the clock is still a bracket race clock...staggered starts. It just rounds down and takes your best time in qualifying.

However....we'll have to see...never dealt with a index.

Thats what they were running @ WMSD this weekend. I got 3 guys going to this race and I might even have Brad (Banshee322) making the trip from PA. Lets see if we can get this thing HUGE for the last race of the season. I'm in for the TNT Friday. I might even bring my hauler up and crash at the track friday night, not sure on that though.

Edited by Fouledout421

• 2 weeks later...
Thats what they were running @ WMSD this weekend. I got 3 guys going to this race and I might even have Brad (Banshee322) making the trip from PA. Lets see if we can get this thing HUGE for the last race of the season. I'm in for the TNT Friday. I might even bring my hauler up and crash at the track friday night, not sure on that though.

I would really love to go but we are loaded with work and need to get most of it done before the snow flys.

I will still try my best to get there.

I would really love to go but we are loaded with work and need to get most of it done before the snow flys.

I will still try my best to get there.

Im in....

ill know tomorrow if ill be on alky or not.....

like the flier says.....ima go out with a bang!!!

shayne....you wanna just meet at your place???

then ill follow you to the track form there?

let me know..

Dan

Wait...what what what? I thought wheelie bars are for sissies.... :biggrin:

I'm trying...

Already got a dog sitter, gotta get my motor back together, pay bills...and see where the money stands.

I'm hoping at the very least to make the Test and Tune all day....if I can do that, I'll be happy....

If I don't go...JT...you can get your ass over here and borrow my tires (just bring me some to put on the bike to move around the garage...)

Or...I could probably get these to Hopper or Tommy...

I just talked to Dan @A&S

he told me for 170.00 he will setup my carbs and cut/rechamber my head for alky.

i think im gonna do it....if $$$ permits it .

Dan tells me once hes done with the carbs i wont have to touch them...theyll be spot on.

he says i should run low 4.8's high 4.7's if i can shift it.

on a side note i might bring my new(to me) beater 87 bayou 300 with me and run in the utility races.....lol

i cant wait.....

Dan

Edited by BansheeDan

Im in....

ill know tomorrow if ill be on alky or not.....

like the flier says.....ima go out with a bang!!!

shayne....you wanna just meet at your place???

then ill follow you to the track form there?

let me know..

Dan

We can do that or I can meet you at my bowling alley in Pinconning. It'll save you about 20min. worth of drive time and you've been there before. You planning on getting to the track about noon then?

We can do that or I can meet you at my bowling alley in Pinconning. It'll save you about 20min. worth of drive time and you've been there before. You planning on getting to the track about noon then?

i prolly wont make it till 5 or so...

cant get my check form work till 2 or 3

so maybe ill just meet ya at the track.

call me when u get a chance

Dan