Tors removal

racer

Your bike is not going to idle without the idle screws..... Tapping it is easy and you dont need to put any force since it is cast alum. and its really soft, just drill and hole all the way through were the idle screws will go and tap it and file the base down 1/8 in at the most and keep it level so the idle screw reaches the carb slide. Take a small flat tip screw driver and debur the inside of the carb were the idle screw will come out so it doesnt stop up the slide. MAKE SURE you drill the hole on the right side of the right carb and left side of the left carb and the slit in the slides always face away from the motor and face towards the airbox. And Clean the entire carb out just incase. assemble and sync the carb with eye sight, hearing, or with the tool if you anal about it. :beer:

Anybody know what size of tap is included with the kit? I'm going to block off the holes where the idle screws go with a bolt and crush washer. I don't trust them.

You dont trust them? Are they gonna co-sign on your new car or something.

I haven't ever seen a 6mm x.75 tap, most of the standard 6mm sizes on the banshee are 6mmx1.00! Its possible though.

Edited by Snopczynski

Your bike is not going to idle without the idle screws.....

If properly adjusted you don't need the Ideler screws. I have set up many including my own and I don't use them. You need to take the time and use the adjusters on the carb tops then take the play out at the thumb throtle. Then you can change your idle on the fly without messing with your carbs.

I find myseld turning my idle up in the morning when the bike and weather is colder and by the end of day I'm a long way away from where I started.

I believe it's 6x.075 too, I've got one but it's not up here with me, but knowing you you've got a whole set of taps already :blink:

I do, but they aren't metric. I have American fine and coarse up to half inch, and most of them are high performance gun taps. :-) So if ya ever need one..........

I know my bike probably won't idle with out them, but I dont want it to idle. I lost one of my old screws on the dunes once and the idea of an open hole in such a place does not make me happy. So I'll sit on my bike while it warms up and plug the whole. The .75 thread pitch looks to be about right, it looks to fine to be 1.00mm.

Thanks guys.