ok so now that i am probably going with the 916s lets talk jets lol

here is what well be my mods

916s

pro design foam filter kit

vf3

snorkel off but lid on

4000 feet

im guessing 300 mains

what size pilot and needle and where is the pilot located?

thanks guys

With that setup I would start with some 310 mains, those should be pretty close but if too rich go to the 300's. As far pilots the stock 25's should be fine but you could always try some 27.5's. Stock needles will be fine too. Your also gonna have to mess with your mixture screws. Start at 1.5 turns out from all the way in and go from there. You shouldn't have to go more than 1.5 turns either way to get them set. Also In terms of porting with DMC's I have aliens ( same pipes different silencer) and I was wondering how my pipes would take to porting too. I asked pokeatyou2 cuz his bike is ported with DMC's. he said it took really well for an all around/mx/trailriding port. He said the midrange kick is awesome but the top end might not be as good as T-5's but shit you're gonna get mixed reviews anyway. I'm sure that you'd be happy with either pipe but I love my Dmc's. The quality (chrome looks as good as the day I got them), the sound and the way they come on the pipe is great. just my .02

RUN THE DMC's!!! I have them they are awesome. All my friends that rock toomeys wish the got 916's instead. Let me tell u the sound that rips out of them is incredible. No real power differance between the two. The only thing I noticed is that I seem to have more top end than my friends with the toomeys. You will not be dissapointed I promise

if you still havent made up your mind, go with the DMC 916. I had to remove my liscence plate and raise my tail light (with the provided raisers in the package), but it was worth it. I'm totally satisfied with my pipes. And im sure you will too if you get em.