Setting Caster And Camber On LSR +2 +1s.

jayzx10r

I need to set up my front suspension. Lonestar recommends Positive Caster of 3-5*, Negative Camber of 2-4*, and toe-in at 1/4" for sand duning.

Anyone think these settings are not the hot ticket??

:thanks: Jay.

I'd set it up per their numbers and ride it. You'll definitely know if the front geometry is off when you ride it.

I'd set it up per their numbers and ride it. You'll definitely know if the front geometry is off when you ride it.

Do you set up to spec with a riders weight on the quad (race sag) or do you set up with the quad under it's own weight (free sag) only?

Thanks, Jay.

I have their arms+set them up to those specs at first.I found it was too twitchy+wanted to tank slap if i let go of the bars.For a good handling neutral ride for trails+dunes i ended up with.At ride height 6+pos caster,+1or-2 neg camber,1/4 to in.Use tie towns to strap down the susp when checking specs.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone else have any pointers for setting up my front end for sand? I'm still trying to figure out if I should put sand bags on the seat to bring my quad to ride height or do the settings as it sits.

Anyone have different spec recommendations that differ from the manufacturer numbers?

One other Q....I have +2+1s. Is that +2 per side or +2 overall?

Thanks, Jay.

Edited by jayzx750

I set mine up at the track. Took me all day. Then I went and got a steering stabilizer and it made a world of difference.

Screw the bottom ball joints in as far as they go. If not, you'll risk bending them. I went through a half dozen ball joints before I figured this out.

Then, measure the heim joints on the upper A-arms and ensure that you are getting no binding through the motion of travel and that it doesn't add to the bump steer. I honestly forgot what I set mine to..it was years ago and I haven't messed with it too much since. Those A-arms will last a long time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7* of positive caster, 4* of neg camber, and 1/8" of toe in. thats what i ran for high speed desert riding, worked good in the dunes too..

These are almost the exact numbers recommended to me by Mike at ASR for my A-arms set up to dune with. He said about 6 degrees of caster, up to 4 camber and 1/8 toe. So since he recomended it and you said you had good luck with it, I am going to start there. Hopefully I wont have to monkey with them too much from there.

Edited by rubberneck

• 2 months later...
These are almost the exact numbers recommended to me by Mike at ASR for my A-arms set up to dune with. He said about 6 degrees of caster, up to 4 camber and 1/8 toe. So since he recomended it and you said you had good luck with it, I am going to start there. Hopefully I wont have to monkey with them too much from there.

This is what I set mine up to today. 5 + Caster, 4 - Camber, and 1/8" toe-in.