RZ Banshee Spigot

Def

i actually was going to post on here once i got a few made. i have recently started back on my banshee project, it will have a rz topend. didn't really feel like making my own flange for this. i made a print for the flange i need, had the flange made at the waterjet house. the guy i deal with there is cool, but he likes me to buy a bunch of something when he has to program initially. so, i had to get 10 flanges made so i could have my 2. the flanges will be made from 1/4" stainless. i can't remember offhand the id of the flange, but the spigot i need for my bike is only 7/8" long. i have pro circuit pipes, which will require a 1 3/4" tube to connect to. i just sent him the print for the flange last friday. i'm sure it will be a week or two before something comes back. if you like, i can look you up once i get some.

now, the flange i need for my bike is only 1 1/8" long overall. that is with the flange being 1/4" thick and the tube length being 7/8". not sure if it is the same with other pipes. i am guessing that since i have some off the shelf pipes, that my dimensions would work for any other brand pipe. if that is the case, once i get my run of flanges back, i'll weld the tube ends on, stick a tab on top for pipe spring and let you know.

I would love to get a set of these for my project!

hmm, my spigot was just going to come straight out of the cylinder. i will be around the bike tomorrow, will look at aiming it up, down, over, etc to see if it makes things fit better. what brand pipe do you have?? i had also a set of fmf fatty pipes also that weren't being used, they and the pc pretty much mimiced eash other.

Alright guys I guess I can chime in here. As some of you know I have a RZ shee in which I made my own flanges. Over the past year I have been asked to make some and have been dragging my feet. I have enough spigots already cut and and plates with holes in them for 5 sets. the only thing I have left is to weld is the spigots/eyelit to the plate, shape the plate to the gasket and drill the two holes to mount to the cylinder. I will talk to my welding pal this week to see if I can get these welded up soon.

As far as angle goes, I recall that the left cylinder angles inward which means when you weld the spigot in you need to angle the spigot towards the outside of the frame just a tad. For both cylinders the spigots should also be angled upwards but not much.

For those of you who would like to borrow one send me a PM. I am more than happy to let someone borrow one but here is the deal:

- You pay for shipping

- I receive a $25 deposit that I will refund when I get it back.

If you have any questions let me know. I do not visit the site everyday so please be patient.

Chris

Edited by Yaxy

Alright guys I guess I can chime in here. As some of you know I have a RZ shee in which I made my own flanges. Over the past year I have been asked to make some and have been dragging my feet. I have enough spigots already cut and and plates with holes in them for 5 sets. the only thing I have left is to weld is the spigots/eyelit to the plate, shape the plate to the gasket and drill the two holes to mount to the cylinder. I will talk to my welding pal this week to see if I can get these welded up soon.

As far as angle goes, I recall that the left cylinder angles inward which means when you weld the spigot in you need to angle the spigot towards the outside of the frame just a tad. For both cylinders the spigots should also be angled upwards but not much.

For those of you who would like to borrow one send me a PM. I am more than happy to let someone borrow one but here is the deal:

- You pay for shipping

- I receive a $25 deposit that I will refund when I get it back.

If you have any questions let me know. I do not visit the site everyday so please be patient.

Chris

Thanks for the offer man, but I'm looking to actually buy one...

• 2 weeks later...