Sand Drags in MI this weekend

Dan,

10 over arm. 90 plus HP, 135lb rider (give or take) I can pretty much PROMISE you they won't hook.

You might as well put knobbies on....LOL.

I would put the 8s on yours and your 10s on that bike. And it still won't be enough, my guess.

My 4 mil had 6 over, my fat ass, and 10 paddle haulers and it hooked pretty good.

Longer arm, less paddle and lighter rider?

Simple math...

:thumbsup:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan,

10 over arm. 90 plus HP, 135lb rider (give or take) I can pretty much PROMISE you they won't hook.

You might as well put knobbies on....LOL.

I would put the 8s on yours and your 10s on that bike. And it still won't be enough, my guess.

My 4 mil had 6 over, my fat ass, and 10 paddle haulers and it hooked pretty good.

Longer arm, less paddle and lighter rider?

Simple math...

:thumbsup:

Yeah.. i wasn't even gonna bother running them 8's. I know they wont hook. They'll just be on there to roll it around.

Yeah.. i wasn't even gonna bother running them 8's. I know they wont hook. They'll just be on there to roll it around.

Yep, obviously I'm bored at work.

I'll let him borrow my 14 extremes and go get my camera...

NO ONE has happened to mention Dan got the dummy award Saturday as well.

NOT for his win on time vs. Brent...but...

For his John Force style burnout putting him an easy 20 to 30 feet past the staging lights.

JT and I about fell off our bikes laughing....we both asked each other, did he just do what I think he did?

I know...no front brakes, first time out... Still, damn funny.

For his John Force style burnout putting him an easy 20 to 30 feet past the staging lights.

JT and I about fell off our bikes laughing....we both asked each other, did he just do what I think he did?

Dan you failed to mention that part of the race to me!! :yelrotflmao:

LOL!!! That woulda been great to get on camera... :yelrotflmao: I can see him now pushing his bike back from the 60ft lights LOL

yeah you guys did yuck it up over that one.......

i wanted to make sure the chain wouldnt come apart again....lol

Hey, post up the dates and times for the races left for this month. I MIGHT be making the trip up to MI to help family out. I have a plane ticket already, BUT , I am trying to work it so I can drive up and bring my bike for some fun too !!!!

were talking about renting the track the 18th and theres test & tune and races on the 25th

Dan

After seeing all these pics and everything, I think its time to get my ass in gear and get my 4mill cub done. I have all the wrong parts for the chassis though. +2+1s,+4 axle,+4 swingarm (roundhouse). So if any of you guys know people who need those parts let me know

IF, and thats IF I make it, My bike will have a "for sale" sign on it. Then you guys can see that BIGGER isnt always BETTER, this little 4 mil flies........

Dan, Which tracks are you refering to, and keep in mind that I need to know what town they are in as well.

I think I know where Bobs is at... Clarksville right ??

Thanks again

IF, and thats IF I make it, My bike will have a "for sale" sign on it. Then you guys can see that BIGGER isnt always BETTER, this little 4 mil flies........

Dan, Which tracks are you refering to, and keep in mind that I need to know what town they are in as well.

I think I know where Bobs is at... Clarksville right ??

Thanks again

sorry for the lack of info Don...

yep both of those dates are at bob's in clarksville

hope to see ya there man.....itll be a good time for sure

Dan

What are the entry fees?? Are you guys running only ET classes, or some heads up outlaw classes too??

Cuz I am gonna be a BROKE S.O.B by the time I get up there

its bracket racing....there might be an open class depends on turnout....

for the rental date....it shouldnt be more then 20 or so per person

were talking about having the track for 11 am to 3 pm

for race date its 20 for test n tune and 20 for racing

test n tune from 9 to noon racing from noon till when ever it ends

the might do a fast 8 at the end of the day for an extra 10 bucks that will be bracket with a pro tree i believe

Dan

It's 40 bucks to test and tune from 9 AM to 12noon and bracket race after. Saturday he was a bit behind, 9:30 to 12:30 was T&T.

last time, it was double elim, 20 dollar buy back.

This time it was single elim, there were 25 ATVs there.

They run all bracket, at the end they ran a "quick 8" which was bracket PRO tree....the normal races are sportsman trees.

Don...offer stands. I'm 2 hours or so East of the track, but...if you need a place to crash on the way up, way back home or inbetween....you're welcome to stay at my place.

I don't want you to feel like cousin Eddy in Lampoon's vacation if your family's house is full...

Three of us have very, very close races. One is a stock stroke cub, been heavily massaged by a local guru, JT's 4 mil and my 10mil...we are all very close to each other.

Bigger is not always better....or at least I keep telling the old lady that...not sure if she's listening, though...LOL.

Off race weekend rentals pop up. Could be a big turnout, could be small. Although the 3 times so far this year have been good turnouts. 18 to 32 bikes I'd say...makes for fun racing, on and off the track.

The race event calendar can be found here:

http://www.bobsfamilyraceway.com/calender.htm

Ya know, I almost forgot about that! :yelrotflmao: The look on bobs face was priceless!! He was like what the hell is this guy doing!!