Sand Drags in MI this weekend

I could probably make a trophy out of a broken piston or somthing like that.. I got a bunch of old trophy's at work. I'll see if I can't find that wrestling belt... then they can put it on and walk around with it.! lol I'll see what I can come up with Dave and If I can get anything worth a shit I'll give it to ya at the TNT.

Oooh.....melted piston could be an omen....:)

Deal...if I have time, I'll shop around too...

Maybe a Plastic Jedi or He Man sword too....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome...

Got a few things in the bag as well. New blinker fluid, and the flux capacitor was just recharged.....

Damn.. with all this Hi-Tec equipment out there.. I might as well not even load the truck... Well maybe I'll nitronize my tires and strap some ice packs to the air filters so then I'll have cold air intakes.. its not as modern as flux capacitors but.. it gets the job done. :biggrin:

Not sure if I'm gonna make this one boys??????

I thought you did the wifey/family thing last weekend Rog, doesn't that earn a free pass for a few weeks? LOL...

Hope to see you out there....if not, I'm sure it's a work and/or family thing for you, and we all understand!!

I did call duneland and get that sprocket by the way, thanks again for the help...

Saved me 10bucks and about a week or so delay since I called SS too...

fired up the drag bike last night and the damn float is stuck open on the right carb!!!

I purged the damn thing before I left bobs. Why did it do this?? did I not purge it long enough? :shrug:

Same here JT....

I purged mine too.

Honestly....I've got a new routine. I'll purge mine real good at the track (the neighbors will really appreciate this) but then I'm taking off carbs to clean them out and leave them dry when I get home.

After you having a circlip eaten by Meth, and seeing the clip land for the needle (needle and seat) on old man John's bike @ Clarksville eaten away.....I'd rather play safe than sorry...

If that means I gotta spend 20 minutes in the garage after races to clean out carbs, so be it....I can deal with that...

I am thinking that may be the best route!

May start doing that also

[/quote

I had the same problem for a long time. It was the oil I used in my purge fuel. It wasnt compatible with alky and would leave a gooy residue in the carbs. Switched to using the same oil as I use in the alky and havent had a stuck float since

Damn good point, Doug...never thought of that.

I have a year old 110 octane with R50 in it..I know it's not compatible with meth.

I'm just trying to get rid of 4 gallons of this dam race gas....:) I sure as hell haven't had to cut the grass/weed eater it very much lately with all the lack or rain lately...

Looks like I'll be mixing up some benoil and gas for the weekend!!

Damn good point, Doug...never thought of that.

I have a year old 110 octane with R50 in it..I know it's not compatible with meth.

I'm just trying to get rid of 4 gallons of this dam race gas....:) I sure as hell haven't had to cut the grass/weed eater it very much lately with all the lack or rain lately...

Looks like I'll be mixing up some benoil and gas for the weekend!!

hey dave got a set of clutch cusions???

or know anywhere close between us i can get a set?

Dan