V-force 3's STUFFERS?

sand-a-holic

I bought them for my 4 mil cubs, still using them on the 10 mil.

Just makes sense based on design...and I have a bigger motor.

I can't tell you how much if at all, since I never dyno'd before or after....and I too did a bunch of mods at one time.

I did them seperately with some "bling" and I didnt notice a difference. But if you have a square intake it just makes sense that you would make them the same size... Ive got the trinity intake also (they have turbo-like cutting inside so it atomizes fuel better), those round ones in the stocker cut down from them being hit.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

it does look like it would provide more intake volume but... what about intake velocity? looks like your velocity would take a large hit... maybe thats why it says it's designed for bigger engine applications.. i can see where this wouldn't help any on a smaller engine due to the loss of intake velocity..

The make my boss racing intake match up to the reeds better. If your running stock carbs i wouldnt bother. But if your running 33's or larger I would deffinatly get them. Chances are if your running bigger carbs then the stuffers would make sence. The would aslo work good on a trinity 2:1 since the intake has big square opeanings.

100_2091.jpg

100_2089.jpg

100_2086.jpg

100_2085.jpg

100_2097.jpg

• 1 month later...

it does look like it would provide more intake volume but... what about intake velocity? looks like your velocity would take a large hit... maybe thats why it says it's designed for bigger engine applications.. i can see where this wouldn't help any on a smaller engine due to the loss of intake velocity..

Ultimately your carb itself is going to mandate intake velocity at a given RPM. Pulse strength over 6500 RPM will equalize itself throughtout the entire intake tract and the buck stops with carb bore diameter. Pulse strength at higher RPM levels is so intense it has the ability to actually make its way into the air filters, so loss in velocity in the reed area is not an issue at mid to high RPM levels.

Power losses caused by intake velocity deficiency's will generally only show up at lower rpm levels in the form of gasping gutless power delivery.

Loss of velocity at high RPM is typically of no concern where power output is concerned, LOSS OF VOLUME IS OF MAJOR CONCERN. On a 421cc engine at 9500RPM rated near 100HP the difference in power output between 35mm carbs and 39mm carbs is nearly 7HP, meanwhile the changing of carb sizes drops the intake velocity 19.5% at 9500RPM...food for thought....Jim

I recently installed the v force 3 reeds on my fairly stock banshee and can't tell much of a difference. I understand the concept behind their design thats why I bought them but is there anything else that can be added to this to get more out of them. Im not looking to stroke it yet, i don't have the money but i am putting a cool head and dome pistons in. I didn't get much more than 2 riding days out of them because of a heat and stalling issue. not sure if they are connected yet. I am new to 2 strokes and most of my mechanics have come from hot rods so any advice would be much appreciated. Left bank has no compression. Right bank is fine. piston doesn't have a hole and the rings look good.

Edited by trailmonkey