Welding on the frame

Guys I have a question. When I bought my bike the guy had broke off the left side rear fender support. So I have just got a new set of plastics that have the complete rear fenders. Since mine where cut and stress marked real bad. So I got the new fenders on and cut to the way that I wanted them. I am real picky about both sides matching. So I made a 90 degree peice to match the right side. So now I need to weld it on there. Is there anything that I need to be careful of? I know your normal stuff, but I am worried about the electrical of the bike? Do I need to disconnect anything from the bike to weld on it? Here is the pics of what I am talking about.

bansheebracemissing.jpg

bansheebrace.jpg

and a pic of why I changed them.

banshee3.jpg

I heard about a guy that f'd up something on his truck, but he attached the ground on one side and was welding on the other. I've done plenty o' welding on my old frame, as well as my truck, and I just always attached the ground close to where I'm working. Haven't had a problem yet.

Yeah I havent got that far on the bike yet. I cant decide what pipes to get. My neighbor which is a old Banshee mechanic keeps telling me to get FMF's.He says they make good power and are not way loud. Everyone on here says T5. So I can decide.

I am in AZ sorry.

Ok cool will be welding the brace on tonight. Thanks alot guys.

Yes, always unplug the cdi & connect the ground to a bare spot, not a painted area, so that it won't arc while trying to ground...