less power after cool head install?

At 135PSI with 20cc domes in cali...something isn't right.

How old is that motor...? I would think 20cc domes on a good motor @ or near sea level would be 150ish...to 160ish.

Is it a quality compression tester (not an auto parts store cheapy..) and did you keep on kicking it, with the throttle held WOT, until it stopped moving all together?

it a cheap compression tester the one you have to hold onto the daNG HOLE. and no i didnt hold the throttle open. ill test again

ok i get 150 right on the button on both cylinders. how is that

That sounds better, I donno how you were getting 135 without any throttle although.. Id get a better comp gauge, my cheapy Checker Auto gauge read the same as my buddys craftsman :thumbsup: Any way you put it, if its installed right and before your stock head wasn't milled (more compression like your cool head) then somethin else is wrong. Compession is a good base to start off of.

ok i went and bought a differnent compression tester and this one says im at 122. this isnt good. i think i have to tear the cool head off and make sure all the o rings sealed what do you think?

ya, make sure you tightened down the acorn nuts in sequence - 122 is normal if your running a stock head and about to need some new rings - take that head off and double check.

Eric

i just bought this banshee and put a cool ehad on it and im getting like 128 135 psi with 20 cc domes and my motor has been bored over one time .. the piston says 25 on it.. help me and the cylinnders still have the hone marks looks new still and rings are good still i think so i go smaller domes?