shee always spitts alittle coolant

ok everytime i ride cold or hot weather. my shee always spits a little coolant out of the overflow tube which is above the right pipe at the front. is this normal. my shee isnt getting hot i just dont know why it does it, and the coolant bottle drops a very little also say about 10mm over a whole day or 3 tanks of riding.

does anybody elses shee do this?

that is normal. sometimes it just comes from general riding, up and down steep hills, when the coolant gets tossed all around in the resevoir and system. some guys will relocate the res to under the 'hood' on the front of the frame to eliminate this happening. personally, i never thought it was that big of a deal. :shrug:

Trash that res. Doesnt serve any purpose but taking up space :shoothead: Mine just dumps right on the ground. I check my fluid before each ride, im rarely low - actually never have been (Have it to where if it does overflow ill see it hitting my left rear tire, and my tranny fluid on the right rear)

Eric

those of you who say they know there not over heating. How do you know? Do you have a temp guage? I do and it will hit 200-220 pretty easy just a long lugging trail or a really long up hill or a couple brodies. I watch mine constantly and when it flirts with those numbers it will spit. If it spits your over heating.

• 6 months later...
Mine has done this since day one. Im not worried about it. I just add coolant to the reservoir if its low.

I may be wrong but I didnt think that it sucked anything back out of the reservoir. I thought that it was used only as a place for the coolant to go when it overflowed. I have always taken them off of my bikes. I also have never had one of mine loose coolant out of the overflow. My friends bike always does no matter how hard he rides it. He always looses just a tiny bit. I wouldnt worry about it too much. Just keep an eye on the coolant level in the radiator.

Im not too sure about it sucking it out of the reservoir. I assume it did because after a couple weekend ride, it will get low and I will have to add. I dont think its an overflow tank though because it has low and high marks and the manual says to add fluid to keep it between the marks.

about the coolant bottle.

the rad cap IS thehighest point in the cooling system but when your at WFO (and your impellar is circulating it as fast as possibble) your coolant will drop about an inch below the top of the rad. i know this because to get air out of your system you ride around with no cap! this makes, a hot spot sort of. how do you fix it? a coolant bottle with high and low marks.

without it? get goin in 2nd gear on a flat straight surface close to WFO and take a 600ml pop bottle and dump it in at the low point then cram the lid back on it. for the most part, it WILL stay in there

My shee used to spit some coolant every once in awhile, I did two things,

1- Bumped the main

2- relocated the bottle to the front of the shee and problem solved..I havent seen coolant leak since...

I may have a pic somewhere showing where I mounted the bottle, I used some good zip ties and that was it....

about the coolant bottle.

the rad cap IS thehighest point in the cooling system but when your at WFO (and your impellar is circulating it as fast as possibble) your coolant will drop about an inch below the top of the rad. i know this because to get air out of your system you ride around with no cap! this makes, a hot spot sort of. how do you fix it? a coolant bottle with high and low marks.

without it? get goin in 2nd gear on a flat straight surface close to WFO and take a 600ml pop bottle and dump it in at the low point then cram the lid back on it. for the most part, it WILL stay in there

werd. and im feelin the MOS avy.