I installed one of 2003LimitedBanshee's kits.

tedd1

I have not been on the site for along time, So let me get this straight. You guys are using YFZ450 upper and lower a-arms and front shocks, and possibly "but don't have too" the spindles and hubs off the YFZ450. All this is making the ride better than stock. Is it making it better than just installing the 450 shocks onto the stock Banshee a-arms? How do they handle jumping after this set up since they are lower

to the ground, does it bottom more or less?

Good right up and pictures!

I have not been on the site for along time, So let me get this straight. You guys are using YFZ450 upper and lower a-arms and front shocks, and possibly "but don't have too" the spindles and hubs off the YFZ450. All this is making the ride better than stock. Is it making it better than just installing the 450 shocks onto the stock Banshee a-arms? How do they handle jumping after this set up since they are lower

to the ground, does it bottom more or less?

Good right up and pictures!

I like mine! The swap requires some minor mods to the 450 arms. Check >HERE< and >HERE<.

I like mine! The swap requires some minor mods to the 450 arms. Check >HERE< and >HERE<.

I like the second link especially... :biggrin: However, a big tip of the hat to MulletMan in the first link. His write-up was definitely the driving force behind my swap and then later decision to package kits for everyone who is interested. kfngrn, yes this swap utilizes the 450 A-arms, both upper and lower, with the lowers being modified to fit the stock Banshee frame mounts. I have taken, I feel a step further, by designing a spacer/sleeve specifically for this swap that takes up the extra space created when the lower arms are modified. The links tedd1 (a "customer" of mine) provided will give you an even more in depth explanation of what is going on. By the way, I have more kits available, NOSS or stock 450 tie rod and spacers too for you do-it-yourselfers. Thanks! ~ Brian

Hey Brian looks like your sand pics are at Winchester Bay! :thumbsup:

How do you like riding in the trails at the dunes with your new set up? I already have a +4" swing arm and some times in the hole shots it is tight. I worry that if I did this set up It would make me too wide and I could not make it around some trees and stuff with out getting off the bike every time.

Hey Brian looks like your sand pics are at Winchester Bay! :thumbsup:

How do you like riding in the trails at the dunes with your new set up? I already have a +4" swing arm and some times in the hole shots it is tight. I worry that if I did this set up It would make me too wide and I could not make it around some trees and stuff with out getting off the bike every time.

The sand pictures I have posted up are actually from the Spinreel area, around Spider tree more or less. But, I do some riding up at Winchester also. As far as being too wide, I haven't run into any yet that have been TOO narrow for me to pass, but I have ran across several that I wouldn't what to be more than an inch or two off the line or you would probably start scuffing the sidewall. As far as some of the quicker trails along the edge of the dunes (mainly referring to Horsfall to Spinreel stretches) I absolutely love it!! I used to hate the trails and sand roads with the whoops, but now I eat them up. For the most part, I can crank along with my buddies on their dirtbikes on the sand roads while the rest of my quad buddies fall behind. I could never do that on my stock suspension. I don't jump much, but my last trip over I was with a couple guys that do and so I was jumping some also. The bike came up great and landed feather soft! Not just because I have them for sale, but I think this is a really good swap overall. Sure, you can get some added adjustability etc. with aftermarket stuff, but I bet most people won't use it to 50% of its potential. :cool:

the bike w this set up is not to wide. infact think about it, it only 2 inch on each side. if you look at a ruler 4 inchs is not making the bike to wide for trails at all. although the four inches do make the bike much more stable.