do i need my cover plate or my ring wheel on my banshee?

Ring wheel? Never heard of it. Also, not sure what you mean by cover plate, if it's the clutch cover insert your talking about, no you don't but it doesnt look right without it. :shrug:

a cover plate is the thin piece of metal almost square shaped with lots of holes and it goes over the front hub. the ring wheel is the big protective thin metal cover that sits behind the disc in the front brakes. the ring wheel is attached to the spindle.

does this help?

thanks

Ohhhhh, ok, I don't run them on either of my bikes, it's mainly to keep a stick, rock, or other shit from coming up and getting stuck in the front rotor and caliper. I have YFZ calipers on my one bike, so I couldnt use the inner one, and I never liked the way the outer one looked, so I just ditched them, never had a problem.

I ride sand and here on the ranch. Walden has lots of sticks and shit that could go in there but ive never had a problem. I think they are kinda ugly so I ditched em.

I would actually recommend getting rid of that crap. I was out riding with a guy who got a rock stuck between the ring wheel and the rim. It locked the front tire up, threw him over the handle bars, and ended up with him getting a trip to the hospital.