billet intake manifold with OEM carbs

Are you talking about the crossover tube between the intake boots, or the choke tube running between the carbs? If you are talking about the crossover tube between the intake boots, you shouldn't need to run it, since there is already a crossover built into the intakes. If you are talking about the choke tube that runs between the carbs, then the answer is yes, you will need to run that.

that damn choke tube. That thing gave me so many problems for 3 weeks. I never put it back on cuz i didnt know it excisted. It was amazing how after i put it back on every tuning and starting problem went away. Well, atleast i learned from my mistakes....many, many mistakes!

If you have a billet intake with a built in crossover....then the carb boots shouldn't even have a place to put the boost bottle, unless of course you have to use your stock boots on the intakes.

I have the same intake....Modquad is it... or a copy anyways. I love it. I put on a set of 1/2" spacers behind the reeds to get them farther away from the ports. And let me tell ya... It woke that bitch right up. pipes hit way harder (shearer) maybe it had something to do with the way I ported the reed box. I took about 10mm off the bottom of the intake ports and put a nice curve down toward the crank. So I think thats why it runs better with the reeds backed away. you can see the manifold in my pics on the turbo banshee thread.

.02 cha-ching

If you have a billet intake with a built in crossover....then the carb boots shouldn't even have a place to put the boost bottle, unless of course you have to use your stock boots on the intakes.

I have the same intake....Modquad is it... or a copy anyways. I love it. I put on a set of 1/2" spacers behind the reeds to get them farther away from the ports. And let me tell ya... It woke that bitch right up. pipes hit way harder (shearer) maybe it had something to do with the way I ported the reed box. I took about 10mm off the bottom of the intake ports and put a nice curve down toward the crank. So I think thats why it runs better with the reeds backed away. you can see the manifold in my pics on the turbo banshee thread.

.02 cha-ching

If you put the spacers behind the reeds then the reeds arent backed away from the ports, the intakes are backed away for the reeds

what is everyones obsession with nit-picking termonology?

it's the same as saying rightside... but it depends on what side your standing on.

I said behind because the air passes through in that direction. carbs being of course in FRONT of the manifold.

i.e. reed blocks are BEHIND the reeds.

or you could just look at it for yourself as I suggested for the confused peeps

So I think thats why it runs better with the reeds backed away.

With where you have the spacers right now your reeds arent any farther away from the ports then if you didnt even have them. Your intake is farther away from your reeds. You get my termonology brah??

Edited by WALLACE84