Any ideas?!

Hey guys,

I put a post up ages ago that i cant get my shee to start when she is cold. she sounds completely dead. (so normally what i have to do is kick her 5-10 times with the choke out ful and the key and ignition switch off, then turn key and ignition on and she fires right up). Any of you's hear of this before??

Anyway i took your advice and cleaned my carbs. the right one was filthy and was wondering how i could clean out my petrol tank. I drained it and there seems to be like grit or something in it. Is it necessary to clean petrol tanks?

Anything else i should do before i put it back together?

Also do you think this will fix my problem?

Cheers folks :thanks:

Hey guys,

I put a post up ages ago that i cant get my shee to start when she is cold. she sounds completely dead. (so normally what i have to do is kick her 5-10 times with the choke out ful and the key and ignition switch off, then turn key and ignition on and she fires right up). Any of you's hear of this before??

Anyway i took your advice and cleaned my carbs. the right one was filthy and was wondering how i could clean out my petrol tank. I drained it and there seems to be like grit or something in it. Is it necessary to clean petrol tanks?

Anything else i should do before i put it back together?

Also do you think this will fix my problem?

Cheers folks :thanks:

take the tank off the bike and swish the gas around in it alittle and drain it out. take the petcock off and blast it out really good with air or carb cleaner and the tank with kerosene (diesel) and the drain it out and put it back together with an inline fuel filter on you line.

Take a fine wire and poke it through your pilot jets and blast them out too. Check your float heights, Make sure you choke tube is connected, check for air leaks, and do a compression test too.

take the tank off the bike and swish the gas around in it alittle and drain it out. take the petcock off and blast it out really good with air or carb cleaner and the tank with kerosene (diesel) and the drain it out and put it back together with an inline fuel filter on you line.

Take a fine wire and poke it through your pilot jets and blast them out too. Check your float heights, Make sure you choke tube is connected, check for air leaks, and do a compression test too.

Good answer, good answer :beer: follow what he said and it should be pretty clean

Good answer, good answer :beer: follow what he said and it should be pretty clean

Right guys. heres where i am. took the tank and gave it a real good blast with a power washer. but a pipe/hose came out from inside it. shit! Now i cant figure out where it goes. is there normally one in there? Please help!

Right guys. heres where i am. took the tank and gave it a real good blast with a power washer. but a pipe/hose came out from inside it. shit! Now i cant figure out where it goes. is there normally one in there? Please help!

If it's a brass tube then you have to remove the petcock and re solder it into the petcock. It should be about 2 inches long or so. It is used for the reserve/main positions of the petcock. When the lever is set to the main the fuel is drawn through the tube. When it can no longer draw fuel , you will be left with a bit fuel in the tank which is your reserve. You switch to the reserve position and then draw the rest of the fuel out of the tank. Hope this helps.

Brian

if you dont do anything with it, you just wont have a reserve, mines like that.

just keep a closer eye on your fuel when riding if you leave it off.