Rebuild time?

Hey guys, i'm sure someone can help me out. I was riding today just down some roads for maybe five minutes. My shee was getting pretty hot so i was on my way home to let it cool down [they CAN over heat right?] and it started bogging down in sixth gear, like it was runing out of gas or not getting gas.. I let it cool down and it started, but went a few feet and died. Now it won't start at all, is it just not getting fuel or is it time for a rebuild?

Thanks for your time,

KyleMan-Shee

Sounds like a fuel problem to me, are you fuel lines clear to where you can see them? Or maybe a clogged jet - unlikely cause a banshee could run a one clyinder if it had to.. If its still smooth when you kick it over then i dont see that you did any damage. Why were you overheating in the first place?? Anything cause this? You have to work backwards, or we cant help you out.

Eric

Bro...

Plugs are two bucks a piece... Buy new ones, and go from there.

You need to hook a brotha up for 2 bucks apiece !!!!!!!!! I am paying 5-6 bucks each !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I hate to say, but he may have run it lean ( if its not getting enough fuel) in sixth gear !! NOT saying thats it, BUT possible. I would suggest a comp. test somewhere in the mix

You need to hook a brotha up for 2 bucks apiece !!!!!!!!! I am paying 5-6 bucks each !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I hate to say, but he may have run it lean ( if its not getting enough fuel) in sixth gear !! NOT saying thats it, BUT possible. I would suggest a comp. test somewhere in the mix

I run good old BR9ES in my cubby....2 bucks at your local Pep Boys or AutoZone.

If you're paying much more than that...holler. I'll send you a box of 10 for a lot cheaper...think I pay like 17 a box.

i have to agree with you dynodon, thats how my shee was right before i put a hole in a piston and burnt the other lol, it was too lean and died running in 6th gear like it ran out of fuel and it started back up and ran back about halfway to the truck it died completly

I also just cleaned my plugs which are about a month old and put them back in.. How do i tell if it's sparking?

seems like alot of ppl do this.. i just throw mine away and get news ones.. its worth a few bucks for a goood ride then to take a chance of it fouling again.. cleaning the plug wont always fix a bad plug anyways sometime its the guts that are bad.. anyways to tell if its sparking .. pull the plug out then hook the wires back on the plug and lay the threads on the plug on the head or anything metal on the banshee.. then kick it over see if it sparks.. or find a dumb ass friend hold it and see if he jumps when you kick it over.. lol good luck .. could be number of problems so gotta start some where.. you will know when you pull plugs if you overheated it and burn a hole in piston..

Yea i'm getting new plugs today but i wanted to find out what the problem was yesterday,so i figured i would clean the old plugs up and use them to find the problem.. I put her on reserve for the hell of it and it fired right up, then i switch the gas to on while it was idling, and it died out again.. ? Is one side of my fuel valve clogged or something? Thanks for the help so far guys

KyleMan-Shee

There are two pickups in the gas tank. Remove it, drain it....and take the fuel valve off.

One of two things, either you're that low on fuel, or the on valve (it'll be the longer of the two) is partially plugged.

Stop running that bike out of gas...when you run it out of gas, it has NO lubrication....