anyone switch from a banshe to a street bike

I did the opposite. Started riding streetbikes, they are fun, but too fragile and too easy to fuck yourself up bad on. Got a dirtbike and loved it. You can beat the shit out of it, drop it, crash it and it wont cost you big bux to fix. Then I got into quads and nothing beats tearing shit up in the dirt. There are no legal places for me to ride either unless you want to pay a bullshit 1200 a year membership fee to ride on a crowded track. Long story short I have a 02 gsxr 1000 for sale and 2 quads that arent.

how long have you had your quad for?

i appreicaite all the replys and im probably going to listen to everyone and kepp it. maybe ill buy a motorcycle too something for me and the g/f to cruise around on. maybe ill just bu her a quad, ya that sounds good.

I dont see how fallowing speed limits, laws etc on the highway would give me the same thrill as my dirtbike and 4 wheeler does. I'm the type of person that likes to cut up when i ride so i'd get some tickets for sure. I almost positive i'd enjoy a street bike on the highway but for me, it's just not practical with the cost of one. People around here buy one..get tired of it quick then it's up for sale.

I dont see how fallowing speed limits, laws etc on the highway would give me the same thrill as my dirtbike and 4 wheeler does. I'm the type of person that likes to cut up when i ride so i'd get some tickets for sure. I almost positive i'd enjoy a street bike on the highway but for me, it's just not practical with the cost of one. People around here buy one..get tired of it quick then it's up for sale.

ride like the birds fly :biggrin:

the supermoto bikes that are street legal tho are cool as a polar bears toenails!

I gotta add my 2 cents to this, since I have both street bike and quads.

(2) completely different animals.

Street bikes are hella fun but, that comes with a hellacious price.

You gotta ride like you have a fukin bullseye on you at all fuckin times.

Last time I rode my banshee....I didnt have sum stupid ass soccer mom bitch

tring to run me down in her suburban all the while talking on her cell phone.

And you gotta have moderation on the street. You cant act a fool and show

your ass. That will get you and people around you hurt or even killed.

I dont think a street bike is gonna fill that off road void tho.

You just cant rip it up on the street like you can in the dirt.

:beer:

do you have places to ride, because i dont they all seem to be gone?

why dont you just go to southwick or jolly rodger.i do feel your pain cause im from nh and they are shutting down everything.thats why you need to make friends with someone who owns a sand pit.there is one in litchfield nh,new boston nh, and brookline nh and a couple have tracks in them. and many more where im ma are you from?

how long have you had your quad for?

i appreicaite all the replys and im probably going to listen to everyone and kepp it. maybe ill buy a motorcycle too something for me and the g/f to cruise around on. maybe ill just bu her a quad, ya that sounds good.

I had the dirtbike and a blaster for 5 years and the banshee and yfz for under 1 year.

why dont you just go to southwick or jolly rodger.i do feel your pain cause im from nh and they are shutting down everything.thats why you need to make friends with someone who owns a sand pit.there is one in litchfield nh,new boston nh, and brookline nh and a couple have tracks in them. and many more where im ma are you from?

im from andover ma but im currently living in medford ma.

as far as getting rid of the banshee, its not happening at least not after todays ride. i meet up with a fellow banshee hqer, fasstbanshee and a couple other guys in southern maine. i never knew there were such great trails not to far away. theres a aride next weekend and hopefully every weekend after.

mybadbanshee you should meet up with us one f these weekends considering your from nh. it would be great to get a bunch of banshees together for rides. the guys i meet today were real cool. we ripped it up on the trails then had a couple of beers. great overall day. let me know if your interested or if anyones interested in rideing next weekend?

im from andover ma but im currently living in medford ma.

as far as getting rid of the banshee, its not happening at least not after todays ride. i meet up with a fellow banshee hqer, fasstbanshee and a couple other guys in southern maine. i never knew there were such great trails not to far away. theres a aride next weekend and hopefully every weekend after.

mybadbanshee you should meet up with us one f these weekends considering your from nh. it would be great to get a bunch of banshees together for rides. the guys i meet today were real cool. we ripped it up on the trails then had a couple of beers. great overall day. let me know if your interested or if anyones interested in rideing next weekend?

where did you ride?ive got a couple of buddies that would probably go.ive got to register this week so i should be good to go shortly.im in the nashua area along with a good friend of mine.then weve got another buddy up in hookset nh and he knows a good pit to ride.ive never been there but its a good time and no one bothers you ive been told.

Glad to hear you're not giving up the Shee, there's always places to ride if you look long enough.

If I ever run out of places to ride around here, I'll move. I like street bikes, but they just can't replace the feeling of ripping down a trail or nailing a big double on a quad or dirt bike. Nothing can.

where did you ride?ive got a couple of buddies that would probably go.ive got to register this week so i should be good to go shortly.im in the nashua area along with a good friend of mine.then weve got another buddy up in hookset nh and he knows a good pit to ride.ive never been there but its a good time and no one bothers you ive been told.

we rode in southern maine 20 minutes from kittery i think its was sanford me. but not positive. its off rt 109. great wide open trails lots of fun. you and your buddies should definatly go with us next time. like i said i didnt know any of these guys just meet them through the hq. great guys, we had a blast yesterday. looking forward to next time.

Glad to hear you're not giving up the Shee, there's always places to ride if you look long enough.

If I ever run out of places to ride around here, I'll move. I like street bikes, but they just can't replace the feeling of ripping down a trail or nailing a big double on a quad or dirt bike. Nothing can.

--------------------

hammershee99 your right theres nothing like a rip on a banshee. thanks for the words of encouragement im def keeping the shee.

Sounds like you found the Dayton pits.There is some real good ridding there!That's Jason's back yard(Banchetta)Next time you go there look for the guy on a white yfz doing the crazyist hill climbs.He should be easy to spot. :biggrin:

nice supermotard i love those bikes i was debating that over a dual sport but i ended up getting the dual sport cause i like to hit the trails and back onto the black top again.

peter: you need to know were to ride man and the 2hr drive is all worth it :biggrin: :beer:

How about trying one of these...

DSC00206.jpg

This is my dual sport supermoto bike. TONS of fun in the city, will give sportbikes a run for there money in the twisty roads, 60MPG, cheap on insurance ($150/year) and I can take it offroad if I like! Best of both worlds!

Sounds like you found the Dayton pits.There is some real good ridding there!That's Jason's back yard(Banchetta)Next time you go there look for the guy on a white yfz doing the crazyist hill climbs.He should be easy to spot. :biggrin:

dayton pit man that brings back good memories i rode that pit everyweekend on the tri z then game wardens were all over it like stink on shit so we moved on, but as far a sand pits dayton is the best, do you still ride there? mx 207 is not far from there at all, you can acutally park at 207 and ride to dayton that way your trucks not in the pit but you got to pay 25.00 for the day to park there, i am all set paying that everyweek end but i think we will be going there at least once this summer its been a while.

im getting sick of having to drive an hour two hours three hours and on just to go rideing. i live onthe border of ma and nh. thinking a street bike might be more fun. turn the key and out the driveway i go. i can go rideing everyday.

anybody thinking of this, or has anybody done this? let me know if its worth it

While I feel your pain around the ride situation, being from CT this is the same issue. Getting a street bike will not fill the void of being on dirt, that is for sure and I will agree with the others. There are many things to think about with sport bikes, what kind, how big, insurance, and can you afford one. Most people look at getting a bike to get chicks or jsut to ride, but if you are going to get super serious on it you would be looking at getting a helmet, leathers, gloves ect.. Not that I am preaching, but as others have said dodging soccer moms on a bike is a full time job..

There are a couple thngs you could do. Sell off the banshee and get a smaller less expensive to operate one then get a bike with the left overs from the sale. Keep the banshee and get a street bike. You could also just off the banshee and get a bike, either way they are usually both only ridden on nice days, and you will miss being off road once in a while.

How about trying one of these...

DSC00206.jpg

This is my dual sport supermoto bike. TONS of fun in the city, will give sportbikes a run for there money in the twisty roads, 60MPG, cheap on insurance ($150/year) and I can take it offroad if I like! Best of both worlds!

The DRZ's are pretty sweet man! This is my Supermoto, KTM 525 converted to street.

IMG_6973.JPG

sweet looking bikes.

just to let everyone know i think were rideing this sunday in southern maine if anyone would like to come that would be great. i just meet the guys i rode with on sunday and they were all real nice. one of them is an hq member with a real nice shee. definetly think about coming the more the better